Sunday, 13 July 2014

Dancing in the moonlight







Top - Topshop
Skirt - River Island
Sandals - Primark
Necklace - Asos (similar)
Watch - Asos (similar)
Anklet - Bought in Fuerteventura
Scrunchie - Accessorize

These clothes are my bargains from when I was in Shrewsbury on Friday! The skirt was reduced to £10 and the amazing bag to £20 from £40 so I couldn’t resist... Sorry for my terrible hair, I hate it when it’s up but I went to work this morning and couldn’t be bothered to change it!

I wasn’t feeling overly good this morning. I had to get up at 6am, and I don’t think it helped that I didn’t sleep very well. It frightens me that I can be okay one day and the next I feel absolutely awful; I’ve had a relatively good week and I guess I’m going to have some down days. I work in a care home while I’m home during the holidays, and although it’s hard physically I enjoy chatting to the residents and spending time with the other carers. Some of the residents are hilarious; I once walked into the lounge and a 102 year-old lady was throwing orange squash on the floor. I asked her why she did it and she told me that it was to “get rid of the yellow bats”... I also looked after a lady for a few years that had to have everything in her bedroom in a particular place, at a particular angle, before she would let you leave the room. Her radiator had to be the second setting; her light had to be tapped only once so that it was fairly dim; and her clock had to be angled towards her on her bedside table, about two centimetres from the edge. She also repeatedly pulled the alarm cord out of the wall, just to “check that it is working”. The only thing I don’t like is the lack of respect that care workers can get – they do such a good job and are some of the kindest and most hard-working people I’ve ever met.

Anyway, how did I cheer myself up? Well during my half hour drive home I put my iPod on (yes I still have an iPod Classic) and loudly sang along to old songs. Phil Collins, Shania Twain and “Dancing in the Moonlight” are my personal favourites. It helps if you know all the words and are in the car on your own (or your best friends if they care to join in... mine usually do to Shania Twain or “Thriller”). I would really recommend it to anyone if they want to cheer themselves up; my singing is absolutely awful but who cares, when I’m in the car on my own I could be Phil Collins’ backing singer! I really feel like this blog is encouraging me to feel better - every day I am thinking of things that I can do that I enjoy and can write about.

I got home from work and had a lovely welcome from my dog Buster which made me feel even better, but more about that tomorrow...


Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment