Friday, 18 July 2014

Grotte de Castellana







Top - Topshop
Shorts - New Look
Sandals - Primark
Anklet - Accessorize
Sunglasses - River Island (Similar)

My sister got a cactus spike in her leg while taking these photos...

We are currently staying in a little town called Turi for a couple of nights before moving to our house near Ostuni. We're staying in a lovely bed and breakfast called Dimora Rossi - our room looks like a little cave and for breakfast we get to visit one of three caf├ęs nearby.

This morning we visited the market in Turi where I bought the amazing bikini above for 10€! We then drove to Castellana where there are caves that are 3 kilometres long. The last cave is the "white cave", known to be one of the most beautiful caves in the world. It's extraordinary to think how long the cave has been there - we were told that it takes 80 years to form just one centimetre of a stalagmite. Tonight we went to a pizzeria for dinner, partly to celebrate my 21st birthday which is tomorrow - not a bad way to spend my last day as a 20 year old!

I read an article in Glamour magazine yesterday on the plane about depression as part of their Hey, It's Ok campaign. It really struck a chord with me as I can relate to so many of the feelings and experiences of the women featured in it, and I think it's really positive that depression is being recognised by the media, and that people are trying to change the stigma surrounding it. Thank you Glamour!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment