Saturday, 12 July 2014

Shrewsbury

The Silverton Shrewsbury

The Silverton Shrewsbury


The Silverton Shrewsbury

The Silverton Shrewsbury


Forever 21 Pineapple Dress Shrewsbury

Forever 21 Pineapple Dress Shrewsbury


Quick shoe change before entering ASK...


Ask Italian Shrewsbury

Ask Italian Shrewsbury

Ask Italian Shrewsbury

Ask Italian Shrewsbury

Libertine Shrewsbury

Libertine Shrewsbury


The Silverton Hotel Shrewsbury

The Silverton Hotel Shrewsbury

Dress - Forever 21
Shoes - New Look
Necklace - eBay
Jacket - Vintage

Yesterday I went to Shrewsbury with my two best friends for shopping, food and drinks. We stayed overnight in The Silverton hotel, which had a lovely spacious room for the three of us and really friendly staff. We stayed in the "Longmynd" room, which is the only room that can sleep three people out of the seven rooms in the hotel. They provided us with complimentary juice, water, milk, tea and coffee, as well as some toiletries in the bathroom. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the train station and the main shops and restaurants, so it is somewhere to stay that is budget-friendly and in a great location.

Shrewsbury is a lovely old market town in Shropshire with plenty to do, including loads of shops (which I spent a bit too much in), cafes and restaurants. We went to ASK Italian for dinner, where I had the Caprina pizza and almond, plum and pistachio tart. We had a deal for two courses for £10.95, which was really good value. The food was amazing; the only thing that was a bit weird was that one of my friends was served sour cream with her chocolate cake instead of clotted... Not the best experience she's ever had!

Afterwards we went to The Libertine, which is a cafe by day and a cocktail bar by night. The cocktails were fairly pricey (around £7) but were probably some of the best I've ever had! The rooms are decorated really well, and some of the cocktails come in little tea cups which is really cute. After we had had enough of cocktails, we visited Montgomery's Tower, which is a Wetherspoons in the centre of Shrewsbury. It's really big inside but has a nice atmosphere as there was music playing and some people dancing on the dance floor; plus the drinks are really cheap.

After having a good night's sleep in our comfy beds we went downstairs to The Silverton's restaurant, where we were served complimentary breakfast. We could choose anything from their menu, from a full English to smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, along with croissants and cereal and a few different juices.

I really enjoy Shrewsbury whenever I visit and always wonder why I don't go more often. It's easy to get to on the train and has a lot to offer for all different ages. My friend was saying that the Shrewsbury flower show in August is well worth seeing, so perhaps I will go if I get the chance! I would definitely stay in The Silverton again due to it's great location and facilities.

I had a bit of a wobble last night when I realised how many people are viewing this blog, it really is such a big thing for me to do and I don't want it to change how people see me. It's so nice to have so much support from everyone; I really am grateful for all of your comments/messages, and any constructive feedback is well received!

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and are enjoying the sunshine. The rest of my afternoon is going to be spent sleeping and catching up on George Clarke's Amazing Spaces (wonderful program).

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment