Tuesday, 8 July 2014

start of summer



New Look Jewelled Sliders


Top - Primark
Jeans - Topshop
Sandals - New Look
Anklet - Accessorize
Watch - Asos (similar)

So here’s my first outfit post, along with awkwardly posed photos and awful lighting... Thank you Mum for taking them though (she’ll be the first to admit she’s not the best photographer!! “Hannah how do you zoom in?”...)

Although these photos don’t look overly summery as the title of this post would suggest (blame the English weather), I have officially started my summer today! I had my last exam this afternoon, a practical one, so I’m now free to start a summer of napping, relaxing and not thinking about anything medicine-related.

The past few weeks have been really hard for me to cope with as I am so exhausted all the time. I got into a habit of napping during my revision period; not the best time to start. However I think I’m actually at my best when I’m busy and I find it relatively easy to put a smile on my face and cope if need be. I think this is why people may be surprised to read this blog as I tend to hide my depression quite well. So that’s why I decided to set up a blog and do something I enjoy every day; otherwise I’ll probably end up just wallowing in bed for six weeks! During my revision and exams I managed to cope by taking regular breaks and going for a walk with my dogs, or simply eating chocolate or watching something on the television.

This outfit is just a casual not-doing-much-just-hanging-round-the-house type of outfit. I put it on as soon as I got back from uni as the jeans and top are really comfortable, without me looking like a slob! I love adding colour to outfits like these with jewellery and the colour in my shoes. I love jewellery, I think it can completely change an otherwise fairly plain outfit.

Anyway I’m off to have a nap and watch some old episodes of Friends with my sister (my things I enjoy doing for today!)

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment