Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Accept the things you can't change, change the things you can






Top - Primark
Skirt - Primark
Sandals - Primark

I'm sure my dog needs glasses - this morning he mistook a bush to be another dog. It always makes me feel good whenever I walk my dogs; they always make me laugh and the exercise is a good way to release endorphins.

Today I have finished the first coat of paint on the two side walls of the summer house for Project Summer House. The back wall is already completely finished apart from a few touch-ups - I really can't wait to start adding furnishings! I have also been to see my counsellor this afternoon. She made me realise that when people say they are having a 'bad day', they are often just focused on one or two events that happened during the day. Why give up there? You can make the rest of the 24 hours a good day! You may have had a bad hour or so, but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to have a bad day. We also discussed the fact that sometimes you just have to accept certain situations because they can't be changed. For example, you may have had a bad break up and won't get back together with that person. However think of the good things that you got from that experience - you may now have more freedom or be a stronger person. Don't regret things in the past as they all make you the lovely person you are today. On the other hand, if there are things that you don't like that can be changed - change them. Have that hair cut; start some exercise; admit to that person that you have feelings for them. This is all summed up in the Serenity Prayer, which goes:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Deep, huh? Anyway onto more superficial things... Yes, I have worn this outfit before (here), but I love my clothes too much to only wear them once! There's a lot of pressure on bloggers to produce new outfits every day, but most people don't have the funds or the time to do so. I love new clothes but I also love my old ones. I'm wearing this to go out for yet another curry, with one of my best friends. It's a good job I like Indian food so much!

Hannah x

2 comments: