Thursday, 21 August 2014

Baking with Hannah: Cheesecake and Muffins













Top - Primark
Shirt - New Look
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - New Look
Necklace - Primark
Bag - New Look
Watch - Asos

Last night I met my friend Hannah to do some baking. After our macaroon disaster last time, we decided to play it safe and make some mini lemon cheesecakes and chocolate muffins. We actually used a recipe for strawberry cheesecakes, and just swapped the strawberry jam for lemon curd (recipe here), and used this recipe for the muffins. It only took us about an hour to make both of them, so we were much less hot and flustered than last time! To be honest I could have eaten the cheesecake mixture (consisting of soft cheese, plain yoghurt and sugar) on its own without the biscuit bottom - it tasted amazing. The actual cheesecakes were delicious without putting them in the fridge to set (we were too greedy to wait), and I think we did well not to scoff the extra digestive biscuits that we bought whilst we were baking.

The ramekin dishes for the cheesecakes are ones that we've collected from Gu puddings in the past; they're perfect for this type of baking. The other cakes in the photos above are carrot cake cupcakes, made by my sister. We have so many cakes and desserts to eat at the moment - I'll be massive the next time I do an outfit post!

I much preferred baking these simple treats than macaroons, which in my opinion are a little over-rated. The ingredients only cost us about £5, compared with the £10 we spent the time before, and these also take more than one bite to eat! Give me a good hearty muffin over a wispy (albeit pretty) macaroon any day!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment