Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Bridgnorth

Bridgnorth

Bridgnorth







Bridgnorth



Bridgnorth Urban Angel


Bridgnorth Tea & Roses Shop



Bridgnorth Tea & Roses Shop

Bridgnorth Tea & Roses Shop



Top - Topshop
Jeans - Topshop
Sandals - Primark
Watch - Asos
Necklace - Forever 21
Sunglasses - Primark
Scrunchie - Accessorize (Similar)
Rose Ring - Gift
Midi Ring - Primark
Heart Ring - Pandora
Birthstone Ring - Pandora

Yesterday I went to Bridgnorth with my two sisters. Bridgnorth is an old market town in Shropshire, and is beautiful to visit when you have some spare time. There are lots of quaint shops, cafes and restaurants on the high street, as well as the Severn Valley Railway and the River Severn. There is a market every Saturday which is well worth a visit for some bargains!

We had lunch at a little cafe called The Bakehouse Cafe, which had very reasonable prices for a decent amount of food. I had a jacket potato that only cost about £3.50. Next we had a wander around some shops - my two favourites in Bridgnorth are Tea & Roses and Urban Angel. Tea & Roses has such a lovely layout and sells lots of cute vintage items, such as tea cups and jewellery. They also sell fabrics, homeware, gifts and cards, and have a little cafe at the back. I picked up a small patterned plate that I'm going to use to display some of my jewellery on. I also loved the stripy blanket in the photo of the fabrics above, it was so soft and would be so warm in the winter. Urban Angel is a shoe shop at the top of the high street. They sell everything from boots to sandals, and the prices are fairly reasonable. I bought a pair of silver pointed brogues, which were reduced from £29 to £5 in the sale! The staff are always really friendly and helpful, and I could end up spending too much in there if I stayed long enough.

We also couldn't resist popping into Ye Olde Terrace Sweet Shop, where we picked up some peach fizzers, rhubarb and custard sweets, and fruit pips. I always think old sweets look so much more appetising than the more modern ones! Next we took the cliff railway (funicular is the technical name apparently) down to the low town so that we were next to the river. We came across Knickerbockers Ice Cream Parlour, and who can say no to an ice-cream? I had a scoop of rum and raisin with a flake; it cost me quite a pricey £2.20 but was definitely worth it!

So all in all our day was full of shopping, sugar and pigging out... sounds like a perfect day to me!

It was so difficult to drag myself out of bed this morning, but after about 10 minutes of wallowing in my own misery I just thought, "right get up, get in the shower - you've got some blogging to do". It's good for me to have a sense of purpose and a reason to get up in the mornings. Apart from doing blog stuff I've also been finishing revising an article I wrote for a journal, and am seeing my Grandparents this evening - I love spending time with them, they're such good fun!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment