Sunday, 10 August 2014

Live life to its fullest








Top - New Look
Skirt - River Island
Jacket - Vintage
Trainers - Liverpool Market (Similar)
Necklace - Accessorize
Watch - Asos (Similar)
Rings on Left Hand - Miss Selfridge
Ring on Right Hand - Topshop
Anklet - Bought in Italy (Similar)

Only got about two hours of sleep last night so I’m absolutely exhausted this afternoon. I went to work this morning; as I’ve mentioned before I work in a care home. Today I was working with so many ill elderly people and it made me think – I want to live my life to the fullest and have interesting stories to tell when I’m 80 years old. Some of the residents have such amazing tales to tell about their escapades as youngsters; one gentleman was telling me about World War Two the other day which was fascinating. I want to be able to tell someone in the future about my amazing life and have stories about travelling to far-flung places and hilarious anecdotes about meeting captivating people. After all, we only get one chance at life so it should be lived in the way you want it to be.

I seem to be feeling so much better recently. I’m not sure whether it’s my medication kicking in a bit or if time is just a great healer and I’m becoming a stronger person, but it feels amazing to smile and laugh and actually have fun again.

This evening I'm going to be boring and just sleep. I have to be up at 6am again tomorrow for work, and it's horrible doing a shift when I'm this tired! Plus sleeping is something I enjoy so it counts as my activity that I enjoy doing for today. I promise there will be more interesting posts soon J

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. I used to work in a care home and it made me feel the same way.
    I love love love your skirt!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're all so fascinating. Thank you very much! xx

      Delete