Friday, 15 August 2014

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Primark Little Miss Sunshine Top


Scarborough

Scarborough Beach Huts

Scarborough Beach Huts


Peasholm Park Scarborough

Peasholm Park Scarborough

Peasholm Park Scarborough

Top - Primark
Jeans - Topshop
Jacket - Vintage
Choker - eBay

Scarborough is a lovely place to be in the summer - I think as children we used to take it for granted when we came up here for visits. I have many memories of playing long jump on the beach and burying jellyfish in the sand with my cousins, and then all fighting for the shower when we got back home (I was always second as I was the second oldest). The north bay, which is in the photos above, is particularly exquisite with its stunning views, golden sand and well-looked after beach huts. However if it's arcades and fish and chip restaurants you're looking for head to the south bay - full of lots of shops and typical seaside entertainment, such as a fun fair, there's plenty to do to while away the time. Today we also visited Peasholm Park, which is lovely to have a stroll around and pick up an ice-cream. The rowing boats and pedaloes are good fun (although they have replaced the swans with dragons, much to my disappointment), and there are plenty of cafes nearby to get a bite to eat. There are many activities to keep you busy whilst in Scarborough, from an open air theatre to mini golf, and I would definitely recommend a visit if you're anywhere nearby.

Apologies for the poor photos - this t-shirt can be better seen in my post here. Sunflowers are one of my favourite types of flowers - I love how they can brighten up a room, and also how their heads turn towards the direction of the sun throughout the day.

I also keep meaning to mention this - I went to watch The Inbetweeners 2 before I came to Scarborough; I personally think it was better than the first film! I found it hilarious - if you like simple humour and were a fan of the TV series, give it a watch and see what you think.

Hannah x

PS check out this video of my cousin playing at Cropredy festival - really worth a listen.
PPS so proud of my younger sister for her A-level results! Love you loads xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment