Saturday, 23 August 2014

Project Summer House

New Look Black Floral Co-ord












Top - New Look
Trousers - New Look
Necklace - H&M
Trainers - Primark
Watch - Asos

I have been set the task of renovating our unused summer house, so that is what I have been focused on today. As you can see above, it has mainly been used for storage over the last year or so, which is such a shame as it's a good space to relax in the summer. I love interior design, so my parents asked me whether I would like to take it up as a project, and I quickly agreed. Today has been spent clearing out the clutter and hosing it down to clear the walls of dust and cobwebs (I am sure about five new species of spiders have been breeding in there). I then decided on which paint colours to use. I have taken inspiration from the brilliant Bright Bazaar blog, which encourages people to incorporate lots of bright colours into their homes. I have decided to paint three of the walls white (or 'pale jasmine' if you want to be posh), and the back wall a pale grey-blue ('coastal mist'). I am then going to bring loads of colour into the summer house with soft furnishings and rugs. I can't wait to see what the end result will be!

I feel like I haven't had time to rest this summer - I seem to have done something every day. It's the best way to be for me though, as I'm so much better when I'm busy. I feel like I haven't had time to feel down, and therefore being busy is helping me get better. I am looking forward to a lie in on bank holiday Monday though...

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment