Monday, 4 August 2014

Symptom: Low mood

Depression Blog Low Mood


Depression Blog Low Mood









Top – Missguided
Trousers – Topshop
Jelly Sandals – New Look
Necklace – Primark
Bag – Primark
Anklet – Accessorize
Sunglasses – Nau!

I thought I’d do a series of posts over the next few weeks focusing on the symptoms of my depression, and how I try and cope with them.

So low mood... the most obvious symptom, but also the one that is hardest to describe. “Low mood” doesn’t even start to describe how it feels – I get a physical ache in my chest and my head starts to go all fuzzy. I lose focus on reality slightly and feel like I’ll never be okay again. I can feel it coming on and it literally feels like something is dragging me down; all my thoughts become negative and I get upset at stupid things. My movements become slower and I sit in one position for ages, and if I don’t do anything about it I get worse and worse and my thoughts become more and more pessimistic.

I try and cope with this symptom by stopping it before it gets really bad. I can tell when it is about to come on, so I try and distract myself before I become really low. I read a book, chat to my mum, or think of things to write on my blog. If it gets really bad the only way I’ve found to cope is either to sleep it off or to talk to someone about why I feel like that. Although when I get that bad I often take a lot of coaxing to talk to anyone – ironic really as it does help.

I had a bit of a blip last night so that gave me the idea for this post as I tried to describe how I felt to my mum. It's so frustrating because I feel like I'm getting better and then suddenly I go completely downhill again; I could hardly open my eyes this morning I was so upset yesterday. I have spent today in a town called Bridgnorth with my sisters (more on that tomorrow), and revising an article that I wrote for a journal (fun...). This evening I'm going to keep myself entertained by catching up on episodes of George Clarke's Amazing Spaces that I missed while I was on holiday! I feel so much better on days that I do things to distract myself, so today has been a good day for me :)

I picked up these sunglasses at the airport on the way home, they were only 8.99€ in the sale! You can also get them online on the website that I've linked above. This outfit is the sort I wear for the British summer; not too much flesh on show in case of bad weather, but just enough to count as summery!

Hannah x

4 comments:

  1. Nice post, love itt. You're kinda renin me of emily vancamp btw :) xx

    Hallo Horo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely look - great sunglasses too, what a bargain! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva! I know I love them :) xx

      Delete