Tuesday, 19 August 2014

What is happiness?

What is happiness




Topshop Cat Skirt Accessorize Camera Bag





Accessorize Camera Bag

Accessorize Camera Bag









Top - New Look
Skirt - Topshop
Jacket - Vintage
Sandals - Primark
Necklace - Bought in Italy
Watch - Asos (Similar)


Over the past couple of days I have had to stop and think about my emotions. I have been feeling something that I haven't felt for about three or four months... happiness. It's an absolutely incredible feeling when I haven't felt it for so long; I have had days over the months where I have felt okay but never really happy. So I thought I would do a post on happiness.

happy adjective (happier, happiest)
      i) feeling or showing pleasure or contentment
      ii) willing to do something

For me, happiness is...

Feeling optimistic about the future
I have recently felt myself being excited for the future and what it holds for me. Often I find it hard to get through a day, let alone look towards the future, so this is an amazing achievement. It makes me feel elated that I have so much to look forward to, and I can't wait to find out what my next chapter will be.


Feeling secure in my relationships

My depression always makes me a little untrustworthy of people in the way that I wonder why they would ever want to spend time with me. But over the last couple of weeks I have started to realise that I do have something to give to people, and I deserve to be surrounded by people that care about me. I have begun to realise who my friends are and who really does care about me, and it is just lovely to be surrounded by those that genuinely want to spend time with me.


Appreciating the little things in life

I always find that when I feel happy I appreciate little things like music or a long walk so much more. The area I live in is so beautiful and it is a wonderful feeling to be able to just wander out into it and observe nature. People are so busy nowadays and are always using technology - it's surprising how amazing it can be to just stop and listen for a while and appreciate what is surrounding you.


Feeling good about myself

When I am down I almost never feel good about any part of myself. But when I feel happier I begin to realise my strengths and am grateful for what I do have. People put themselves down so often that I think it's important to just sit and think about what you do have going for you. After all, it's true that other people are too busy worrying about themselves to notice the 'negative' characteristics of others.


Having positive thoughts

It is so awful thinking negatively about everything when depression strikes, so it is lovely to be able to start thinking positively about things, including the future and myself like I mentioned earlier.

I wish I could bottle happiness and give it to everyone, because it's just the most incredible feeling and I would love to feel that way all the time. I am not sure whether it is my medication or circumstances that are causing my emotions to be so much more positive, and I realise that I will keep having dips in my mood as usual, but it has been so lovely to feel happy after such a long time without it.

Today I have just been to work, but this evening I am spending a few hours with my best friend plotting out a project that I plan to launch this week... But more on that tomorrow.

Hannah x

PS How cute is this cat skirt?! The cats are velvety too!

2 comments:

  1. Loved this posts, your photos are so sweet, you make me realise how much more I need to smile in my OOTDs!
    I've been having a bit of a tough time lately and reading this has cheered me up. I totally agree with all of your points on happiness. Some days we wake up and have those days where it's hard to look at the positives but you just have to power through. Surrounding yourself with good people is definitely one of the most important things!
    Just started following your blog sweet and love it so far, looking forward to more of your posts :)
    Lydia x
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, that is so nice to hear! I'm glad that this post cheered you up - I love reading inspirational stories/rambles on other peoples' blogs that make you feel so much better. And having good feedback is always really nice, so thank you very much again :)
      Hannah xx

      Delete