Sunday, 17 August 2014

Whitby

Whitby

Whitby

Whitby Folk Festival

Whitby Folk Festival

Whitby

Whitby Folk Festival







Top - Primark
Trousers - Primark
Jacket - Vintage
Sandals - Primark

Today I have been to the seaside town of Whitby, where I met Kelly and her sister who went to Go Ape with me on Wednesday. Whitby is a charming town with plenty to do, from mini golf to arcade games, and the best fish and chips in Britain, according to Rick Stein (at the Magpie Cafe). There happened to be a folk festival on this weekend, so were lots of jolly people around dressed in funny costumes and dancing with sticks. It was really enjoyable to watch, and the music and laughter was quite infectious. We decided to stop at Wetherspoons for lunch, and then had a wander around the shops and winding streets. I bought some sweets from the old sweet shop (two giant fizzy cola bottles and a giant jelly dummy - only cost me 40p!) and a banana ice-cream with a flake (I love anything that is banana flavoured). I only saw about half of the town as we only had a couple of hours to spend there, but I will definitely be going back as soon as I can to visit the ancient abbey and to see more of the harbour. I think Whitby is one of my favourite places that I have visited in England - there's a lovely feel to the town and always a lot to see. I'm now really looking forward to starting university again in September, as I will be living with Kelly and I can't wait to move into the house!

This is my last full day in Yorkshire as I will be travelling back home tomorrow. I have really enjoyed my stay here - it has been lovely to see more of my family and friends, and to meet some new people along the way.

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment