Monday, 8 September 2014

First day in hospital




Top - H&M
Skirt - Missguided
Cardigan - Primark
Shoes - Primark

Today was my first placement day in hospital, which I am going to be doing five days a week from now on. We obviously have to be smartly dressed for placement, but we have other restrictions too: we have to be bare below the elbows; not show any cleavage; not have skirts above the knee; and our feet must be covered, all for infection control etc. It's therefore really difficult to find clothes that fit these requirements! I also hate wearing plain clothes with no colours, so I try and mix it up as much as I can. I wore my hair up with this outfit and took my watch off, but apart from that it was pretty much the same. These photos were also taken over the weekend, as I thought it would be easier to shoot them in advance - how organised am I? (Sometimes sadly over-organised...)

I have been through a lot emotionally the past couple of days, but I feel like my mind is clear and I can move forward with my life now. I have lost a lot that was held dear to me, but I have begun to realise that it just wasn't working out or making me happy anymore and that I needed to let it go. It's going to be really difficult and was such a hard decision to make, but I'm hoping it will help me in the long run, and that I will continue to get over my depression.

My friend and I have decided to cycle into hospital tomorrow, which is about 9 miles away... I'm going to have legs the size of a rugby player's if I keep it up! Off to bed now as I've got to get up at 6am :(

Hannah x

Everything turns out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment