Sunday, 21 September 2014

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival



Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival

Liverpool Food and Drink Festival Churros

Kimono - New Look
Top - New Look (Similar)
Choker - New Look
Dinosaur Choker - Lofthouse Jewellery
Pizza Necklace - eBay

Today I have stuffed my face at Liverpool Food and Drink Festival in Sefton Park. We each paid £5 to get in, and then literally didn't know where to start. There were hundreds of stalls with every type of food you can imagine: from fish and chips to pizza, curry to chocolate kebabs. Over the weekend there have been various chefs doing cooking demonstrations, including Tom Kerridge, and live music in some of the tents. Restaurants like Zizzi, Lucha Libre and Almost Famous had stalls where they were selling some of their most popular foods, and there were also tents set up selling various beers and alcoholic drinks.

I had: a butternut squash, spinach and goats cheese pie; a slice of margherita pizza; an iced apricot and apple smoothie; and some churros with chocolate sauce. I also bought a slice of baklava to eat for pudding later on. I feel like I had a very mixed cultural meal (British/Italian/Spanish/Turkish?), but it all tasted amazing and I really enjoyed the whole day. The atmosphere was lovely and the smells coming from all of the tents were delicious - I'm vegetarian but who can resist the smell of a barbecue? I was looking forward to the churros from the moment I checked out the food stalls on the website, and they definitely lived up to my expectations. I also got a bag with free Maryland cookies in, which is always a plus; I think they will be my hospital fuel for tomorrow.

Hannah x

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment