Monday, 15 September 2014

Photography

I may not be the best person ever at it, but I love photography. I love the feeling of capturing a perfect shot so that the moment can be remembered forever. I'm always more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it, and can often be found with a camera in hand. Even Kelly's sister asked me the other week whether I always take my camera with me. I don't ever edit my photos (unless applying an Instagram filter counts) as I'm not the most technical person, but I thought that some of them were worth showing you all on here. My favourite photographs are of people - portraits can be so beautiful - and also of stunning landscapes. So here are a few of my best shots that I've taken over the past few years...


Starfish Corfu

Cat Corfu


Corfu


Italy Waterfalls

Trevi Umbria Italy

Chocolate labrador

Zanzibar


West Midlands Safari Park White Lion

Tanzania Masai

France Grand Canyon

Chocolate labrador

Tanzania Safari Zebra

Dandelion Clocks


Corfu

Zebra


Zanzibar



France Grand Canyon

Chocolate labrador


Most of these were taken on my Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera, which I've had since early 2012. A lot are with the standard 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens that came with the camera, but some of the more recent ones are with my 50mm f/1.8 lens that I got for my birthday this year. The ones of animals on safari are generally taken with a 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 telephoto lens, which meant that I could get a much closer shot.

Looking through old photos makes me happy as I get to relive amazing memories, and remember how good I can feel. I haven't felt that great today, as I've just had a full day in hospital and have been so tired. I think I'm still at the stage where I need a nap every day! The thing I have done that I enjoy for today is sitting with my house mates, eating and watching The X Factor. Definitely getting an early night tonight!

Hannah x

PS please don't use any of my photos without asking - they all belong to me :)

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment