Thursday, 25 September 2014

Putting outfits together




Dress - Forever 21
Cape Coat - Amazon

Tonight I have spent the evening at my friend Hannah's house, where we watched the Bake Off (I was glad of the result, and love Richard!) with a mug of hot chocolate and some cookies. It is Hannah's 5th anniversary with her boyfriend tomorrow, which is really cute, so we rummaged through her wardrobe and I helped her decide on an outfit to wear out for a posh meal. We decided on some shorts and a white jumper with a necklace on the neckline, which she looks lovely in. I love putting outfits together and deciding what clothes will match; I think buying separates can sometimes be more rewarding than dresses or jumpsuits as they can be worn in so many different ways. When I'm shopping I'm constantly thinking about what items can be worn with clothes that I already have in my wardrobe - it makes it much cheaper and is fun too. If you have a few staples such as jeans, a white blouse/shirt and some plain tops it's really easy to do. I also love looking through other peoples' wardrobes to get some inspiration - how cute is this striped shift dress in the photo above? And the back of Hannah's coat lying on the bed - it has a bow on it!! I love how little details can make an outfit so much more special.

Also how incredible was Emma Watson's speech about gender equality for the UN? Everything she said was so true: women should not be limited by society and we need men to help us gain equal rights, as after all they form 50% of the population. Men should not feel like they have to hide their feelings or be 'strong', and women should not feel like they are the 'weaker sex' or that they have to be controlled by men. I am not a 'traditional feminist', but I do believe that both genders are as amazing as each other, and deserve equality. At the end of the day, men need women and women need men, so why shouldn't we therefore have equal rights?

Hannah x

All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for good men and women to do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment