Wednesday, 10 September 2014

The Egg








The Egg Liverpool

Top - Primark
Skirt - Primark
Shoes - Primark
Watch - Asos (Similar)

Today after another long day on placement in hospital I met my friends at The Egg Cafe in Liverpool. The outside is purple and painted with leaves and vines, and as you go up the stairs it looks slightly dodgy. However inside it is really quirky and welcoming, and the staff are all really friendly. The food is all vegetarian (I am vegetarian so this is good), and ranges from quiche to curry. I went for the veggie burger, which is served with four different salads, pitta bread and a relish. I then had a slice of their chocolate crunch cake, which is basically tiffin cake, which was lovely (although I would definitely recommend the banana cake). The food is all really good quality, with decent portions, and is fairly cheap too - the main only cost me about £5.60.

Today in hospital I was privileged to be able to watch a laprascopic cholecystectomy (basically keyhole surgery to remove the gallbladder). It was the first keyhole surgery that I've been able to watch, so it was really interesting to see how it was done. I don't think I'm quite cut out to be a surgeon - I used to get really queasy at just touching peoples' wrists - but it was fascinating to watch and I learnt a lot.

I used to think that formal clothes would have to be really expensive to actually look smart, but recently I have found that Primark, H&M and New Look all do some affordable clothing that are both formal and fashionable. I needed clothes to wear five days a week in hospital, but I haven't ended up spending all that much at all.

Hannah x

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

No comments:

Post a Comment