Thursday, 30 October 2014

A-Z of my life









A is for... afternoon tea
I love the idea of afternoon tea; it's very sophisticated and elegant, but I've never actually had it properly (as in with loads of teenie sandwiches and bites of cake). I really want to try it at Panoramic 34 in Liverpool. The funny thing is, I don't even like tea (I'm definitely just in it for the food and amazing photos I could take)!

B is for... Buster
Buster is my chocolate labrador, and is also my best friend. He's so loyal and absolutely hilarious, and I miss him so much when I'm away at university (see my post on him here). I also have a black labrador called Dylan, who is so cute and has been with us for years (see his post here).

C is for... clothes
As you can probably tell from my blog, I love clothes and clothes shopping. I like that you can show off your personality with what you wear - I like lots of bright colours and patterns. I would also like to take this moment to apologise profusely to my bank account (if anyone would like to say a prayer for it I would be very grateful).

D is for... depression
An obvious one, but I wouldn't have started this blog if it wasn't for my illness. In some ways I have a lot to thank my depression for - it has made me a much stronger person and I have learnt a lot about myself.

E is for... eggs
I hate eggs; it's the one food type I won't touch. I once had to eat two fried duck eggs in France as I was served them when I was sat down for a meal with a French family, and it felt rude not too. It was the worst thing I've ever eaten in my life. The only type of egg I may eat is scrambled egg with smoked salmon - but even that is only a recent development!

F is for... family and friends
I know it's so cliche and soppy, but I really couldn't have got this far without my family and friends. They have been an incredible support and I can't thank them enough for what they have done for me. I love you all! (Food also came a very close second for 'f'...)

G is for... giving
That amazing feeling when you give something to someone, be it a gift or just a helping hand, is well worth spending a little bit of money or time. I love it when you give someone something unexpected, or watching friends and family opening presents to see if they like them. Even just giving someone some advice or time for a quick smile or conversation can be so rewarding,

H is for... happy
This is what I currently strive to be... happy every day. For me, I feel happiness so strongly, as when I go for months without feeling it it's such an incredible emotion that too many people take for granted. Happiness is underestimated; a simple laugh or smile can make you feel so much brighter.

I is for... interior design
I love interior design - I think if I wasn't doing medicine I would definitely have considered it as a job. For now it will have to be a really enjoyable hobby; I can't wait to get my own house so I can decorate it! My guilty pleasure is also binge-watching loads of house programmes.

J is for... jewellery
I love how jewellery can completely change an outfit, or make it look so much more stylish. I have a slight obsession with it, and find myself buying new bits and pieces a lot of the time. I like wearing statement jewellery, but also think a simple piece can add so much to a look.

K is for... kisses
Because who doesn't love kisses? Hugs are always good too - especially those big bear hugs when neither person wants to let go.

L is for... lasagne
My favourite food - and my mum's lasagne is the best I've ever had!

M is for... medicine
I've mentioned this a few times, but I'm currently in my third year of studying Medicine at university. It's a massive part of my life and one that I'm really excited about, so it had to be featured in this post really.

N is for... Nutella
I could eat jars of Nutella at a time - I often cook a pitta bread and then slather it with Nutella (or just eat it directly out of the jar... I'm such a student).

O is for... Orange is the New Black
Purely because it's an amazing programme and I've become quite addicted to it recently - there's nothing else like it out there. My housemates and I need to hurry up and finish season two!!

P is for... polydactyly
I mentioned this in my 10 random facts about me post - basically I was born with two extra fingers (they have been removed), and I like that fact because I feel like it makes me a bit different. Nobody ever believes it when I tell them either, so it's good for a game of 'two truths and one lie'!

Q is for... quotes
I love cute inspiring quotes that really make you think - as you may have noticed I put some of them at the bottom of my posts for my ongoing Project Smile.

R is for... reading
I always read before I go to sleep; I find that it relaxes me and I get off to sleep better. I also read if I'm bored or have nothing to do - I think it whiles the time away really quickly.

S is for... singing
I'm not great at singing, but you always know I'm happy if I sing. I find when I get low I don't sing at all, but I really do enjoy it when I feel happy. Especially really loudly in the car.

T is for... travelling
It's such a cliche at my age (but a cliche for a reason) - I love travelling. I love the excitement of exploring a new place and seeing how different it is from home, or coming across unexpected beautiful places. My favourite places I've been so far are Italy and Zanzibar, but I also want to travel to Australia, Croatia, somewhere in the Caribbean, and many more places.

U is for... unique
I always feel sorry for people that want to be like someone else - it's so lovely that everyone is unique in their own way, and I feel like we should all embrace that. There are things about you that make you completely different to everyone else - but they are also what make you interesting.

V is for... vegetarian
I've been vegetarian for about 9 years or so. I still eat fish so perhaps this should be under 'p' for pescetarian... I love vegetarian food - it's really not bland like a lot of people think it is, and is really good if you know what to cook.

W is for... wrists
I have a thing about wrists - I really don't like other people touching or pressing their wrists, but I quite like mine being stroked (as long as I'm not watching). I'm going to make a great doctor...!

X is for... xmas
Cheating there slightly (sorry). My favourite time of the year is definitely Christmas - I get so excited on the lead up to it, and my favourite day is Christmas Eve. I just adore the whole atmosphere of it and how it brings people together.

Y is for... yum
I decided to dedicate 'y' to food - because it had to come up somewhere, didn't it? I'm one of those people that lives to eat, rather than eats to live. I love good food and going out for meals. Sometimes I also base which restaurant to choose on how good the puddings sound.

Z is for... zebra
As I think the best photo I've ever taken was of a zebra whilst on safari (see some of my best photography here). I love being able to capture the moment with my camera, and rarely go out without it on me. I find it really relaxing, and very rewarding when I get a good shot.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment