Wednesday, 22 October 2014

I heart autumn






I absolutely adore Autumn - I think there's so much to look forward to and so much to like about the season. So here are a few reasons why I love it so much!

Bonfire Night
I love everything about bonfire night - the fireworks, the smell of the smoke, and sparklers. I think it's a lovely thing to wrap up really warm and stand by the bonfire, whilst drinking hot drinks and watching the fireworks. And who doesn't like spelling their name out with sparklers?

The trees changing colour
Autumn is such a beautiful season; the yellow leaves all over the ground are a lovely sight. I love going for walks in the countryside and taking photos of all the different colours. I will also admit that I still enjoy jumping into a big pile of leaves as much as I did when I was younger. When the berries start to grow on the holly trees I always get really excited - it means that Christmas is getting closer!!

Hot drinks
I don't like tea or coffee, but I feel like there's much more of an excuse to drink loads of hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows when the cold weather comes along. I also love hot blackcurrant squash - it reminds me of when I was younger and still tastes really good.

Cool crisp mornings
Autumn and Winter mornings are lovely when the sun is shining. It makes me happy and feels like it will be a good day (although I don't particularly appreciate getting up in the dark...) I like being able to see my breath in the cool air, and think it's really refreshing to take a brisk walk and come back with rosy cheeks.

Halloween
I think Halloween is so much fun! I love sitting for hours researching fancy dress costume ideas - I like having a homemade costume instead of buying one from a shop. You'll see what I'm wearing this year soon... My best friend is also having a Halloween party this weekend which I am really looking forward to - it will basically be comprised of food and horror films in onesies. She said she's dressing her dogs up so that bit should at least be a bit Halloween-y.

Candles
Like a lot of women, I am obsessed with candles, and I think I have the right to burn them every day during the cold weather. I love having loads of different smells, and the Christmas ones are a particular weakness of mine. They add a gorgeous atmosphere to a room - as a kid I'd always love it when we had power cuts and had to go to the loo by candlelight (such a weird experience - it makes it very hard to find the toilet roll).

Cosiness
Autumn and Winter are the really cosy seasons of the year. I adore wrapping up in loads of layers, and having an excuse to stay under the duvet for just that little bit of extra time. And who doesn't like wearing a onesie to stay warm? I also love being inside in the evenings whilst it's windy and raining outside, cuddled up in bed with a good book or lounging around by the fireplace. I'm a bit old before my time, but it's amazing being able to justify having a night in wearing fleecy pyjamas, rather than being freezing outside in teenie clothes whilst queuing for a night club.

Food
Stollen, mince pies and the winter hot chocolate flavours that come out in Costa, along with lots of chocolate and reasons for a meal out. Need I say more?

Christmas
Oh yes, I saved the best til last. I know Christmas is technically in Winter, but I really start getting excited for it during October. I love everything about Christmas time: seeing all my friends and family; the food; the excitement; watching people open presents (plus receiving them isn't too bad!); and the traditions. The lead-up to Christmas is amazing - I'm like a big kid and get more excited than my little sister. I love decorating the house with baubles and various decorations, and choosing gifts for people is a lovely thing to do. Stocking presents are my favourite - Mum is so good at sourcing little cute things that you would never really buy for yourself, and you never know what your next present will be.

Hannah x

Autumn is the year's last, loveliest smile.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, especially the last one with your reflection in the sea water :)!!

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete