Thursday, 2 October 2014

My style


Lemon Clutch Bag

Forever 21 Pineapple Dress

Motel Sunflower Dress





Models Own Flip Flop Nail Varnish



Floral trousers pink jelly shoes



Accessorize Camera Bag

Asos Cat Smock Dress

New Look Floral Co-ord

H&M Mickey Necklace


Primark Jumpsuit

Feline Meow Sweater


In The Style Swan Dress

I wouldn't really know how to sum up my style in a few words if you asked me. I would say that I like to wear things that are on trend, but I add my own twist to them with some accessories. I usually always like to have some sort of print and colour in an outfit, and I love quirky details like bags and jewellery that just add a little more of my personality to clothes. I'm not afraid to mix it up a bit and wear something different that others wouldn't dare to wear, but on the other hand I'm not so daring that I look crazy. I like spending time choosing outfits to wear, as feeling good about your clothes can make you feel so much more confident, and I often find myself planning clothes for events as soon as I hear about them.

My downfall is quirky little bags and jewellery - I could spend so much money on each of these. I love how accessories can enhance an outfit and make it yours; anyone can wear a dress but it can be styled completely differently by different people. I adore how accessories can be a little unexpected and only noticed when close up to someone, or completely change an outfit from day to night.

I don't really have any style staples as I wear loads of different things, but I definitely would always have a white blouse in my wardrobe to layer up under jumpers and sweatshirts, and an oversized denim jacket that can just be thrown on over any outfit, and usually always look good. I am drawn to a lot of boxy tops and patterned skirts, but do like to try new things out. I don't spend much money on clothes that I can only wear on a night out; in fact I try to buy clothes that I could wear in the day or dress up for night, to save money.

Some people believe that spending money on clothes is frivolous and pointless, but I like how it expresses an individual's personality - you can tell a lot about someone by the way they dress. I think that one of the best compliments you can receive is about your style, as generally people will only compliment it if they actually do like it, so it seems sincere. It's so easy to say "you're pretty", but I don't feel it's always as meaningful as "I like your dress" or "that top looks so good on you". Some of my most flattering compliments have been about my style, and I personally think it's a huge accolade to receive.

I have definitely made some style mistakes (I had a green and yellow stripy jumper that I would wear for every mufty day at school for a couple of years... and then there was an ugly pink and grey striped skater skirt when I was about 13 that I thought made me look like a punk, but actually just looked like unicorn vomit), but I think it's important to make those and learn what you feel comfortable in, and what you like to wear. Never regret an outfit choice because, at the time, you obviously enjoyed wearing it. Embrace your own individual style, and don't be afraid to mix it up - wear whatever you want, show everyone your personality, don't take yourself too seriously, and be interesting. And if you get it wrong it will create a good dinner party story in years to come.

Hannah x

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.
                                                          - Walt Disney

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your style. It looks, stylish, fun and comfortable.
    I also love accessorizing with nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I also love nail polish and how it can add to an outfit :) x

      Delete