Sunday, 5 October 2014

New additions and a vegetable curry


Dog Money Box - New Look
Scarf - New Look





I went shopping in Liverpool yesterday and just couldn't resist this adorable money box to decorate my room! I also picked up this reversible checked scarf - I am slightly worried that I have a bit of an obsession with checked scarves as every time I see one I think "oh I reallyyy need that!"... I already have four different ones. This one is orange and reversible, so is quite different to my others, to be fair. I'm really looking forward to the weather getting colder so that I can get all snuggly in woolly checked goodness - plus they're always good to use as a blanket in lectures.

Today I slept until 2pm, and then still felt like I could sleep for another four hours. I'm sure there should be a syndrome called "Medical Students' Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", as everyone studying Medicine that I speak to is always tired or already asleep in the library. I then did a bit of work, and cooked a vegetable curry with my housemate this evening. We fried lentils, green pepper, potatoes, onions, mushrooms and apple together, and then added a sauce made from natural yoghurt, curry paste and tomato puree and cooked them together for a while. The apple and yoghurt seemed like weird ingredients to me, but they tasted delicious and the yoghurt made the sauce really creamy.

The weekends always seem to go so fast at the moment; but so do the weeks I guess - I can't believe I've been back at uni for 5 weeks already! I guess it's a good thing as it means I'm too busy to feel too depressed, and am enjoying myself and happy with my course too.

Hannah x

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.
                                   - Walt Disney

4 comments:

  1. The scarf looks great and the curry delicious. I've always wondered how they make them so creamy (since you can't get most of the ingredients in my country) and I thought it was just really thick oily sauce mixed with something ground. I'll try yogurt next time I cook.
    I also have a slight obsession with scarves, you can never have too many. My mother and I borrow them from each other, we bring most of them from our travels instead of souvenirs.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely try it with yoghurt - it made it so much creamier! I love scarves too - it's lovely that you collect them from places you've travelled to x

      Delete
  2. I think the cold weather has finally arrived!!! I was desperate to wear my new winter coat...I've worn it now and would like Summer back now haha..not a fan of the rain unless I'm tucked up in bed with a good book x

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love winter clothing, I love feeling all snuggly :) and yeah being in bed when the weather's cold is amazing! x

      Delete