Saturday, 4 October 2014

We can only do our best

Forever 21 Stripe High Neck Dress

Forever 21 Stripe High Neck Dress


Asos Lips Bag

Dress - Forever 21
Bag - Asos
Sandals - Primark
Coat - Primark

This outfit is what I wore last night - I had to go home for a counselling session, and then saw Roxy for a quick drink in a pub. My counselling went really well; she was really pleased with my progress and thinks I only need one more session, which is really positive. We discussed how I am a perfectionist and don't like to think that I've disappointed people or failed at something, but she said that we can only do our best in life, and as long as we do that then it's okay. Also we can't fail in relationships - it takes two people for a relationship to go badly, and it often isn't either person's fault. I feel like I am starting to realise who I am and how strong I am, and accept my situation for what it is.

Today I travelled back to Liverpool (I had to get up at 5am to get here for 9am...), leaving a couple of post-it notes for Project Smile on the way, and then attended a GP conference. It was really interesting to hear from leading GPs about their jobs and all of the different opportunities that came up during their career, and made me even more excited to be a doctor. I then went into Liverpool One to go shopping for a birthday present for my friend Hannah, and for a couple of bits for me. I spent ages looking at all the Christmas gifts in Boots - some of the sets are so cute! I really want one of the Ciate advent calendars (the tree trinkets are lovely too), and some of the other make-up sets. This afternoon I had a 4 hour nap (to be fair you can't blame me - I was up at 5), watched X Factor, and am going to my friend's house to make cookies and watch a film this evening. Perfect Saturday night in!

Hannah x

Remind yourself that it's okay not to be perfect.

3 comments:

  1. A few weeks ago I found a post it note on the back of a toilet door with #projectsmile written on it with your blog URL and have just fell in love xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few weeks ago I found a post it note on a toilet door with #projectsmile and your blog URL written on it and have since fell in love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's so cute, thanks Erin! xx

      Delete