Monday, 10 November 2014

Alma de Cuba

Alma de Cuba Liverpool


Alma de Cuba Liverpool

Alma de Cuba Liverpool

Alma de Cuba Liverpool

Alma de Cuba Liverpool

Alma de Cuba Liverpool

Alma de Cuba is a restaurant and bar situated in Liverpool's former St Peter's Catholic Church. It describes itself as having a mix of "Cuba, Hispanic, and Latin American influences". The decor was the first thing that hit me when we entered - the church has been converted into a huge room with a gallery overlooking the bar below, and it is absolutely gorgeous. The lighting gave it a lovely intimate atmosphere (it would be a great place for a date) - I especially loved the two chandeliers in the middle of the room made out of antlers. There was live music last  night with a lady singing fairly well-known songs, which just added to the atmosphere. They often have events such as dancers and singers in the evenings down in the bar area.

The food also lived up to the high standards that the furnishings had set. We ordered from the early bird menu, which was £14.95 for two courses or £19.95 for three, which I didn't think was bad at all considering the quality of the food. I had the salmon with sweet potato mash for my main course, and the sticky toffee pudding for my dessert. Both tasted incredible and were presented in a lovely manner, but there was still enough food to fill me up - unlike some restaurants that focus more on the look than the quantity of food. A couple of people also ordered cocktails, which were on the slightly more pricey side of £7-8, but looked and tasted amazing. The waiters and waitresses were all really friendly and welcoming, and did their best to accommodate us as much as possible. I would definitely recommend Alma de Cuba for anyone looking for something a bit special, that they are prepared to spend a little bit more on. It is definitely one of my favourite restaurants that I've ever been to.

Today I was in uni and then went to my friends' house for dinner. We had a lovely natter and caught up on all the gossip, and now I am really tired and need to sleep for at least 24 hours!

Hannah x

Love your imperfections, because they make you "you", and you are amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I need to pay a visit here!!

    Char xx
    www.material-junkie.com

    ReplyDelete