Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Balloons







This evening after another day at hospital I was privileged to be able to attend the Mersey General Practice AGM at Anfield Football Stadium (the home of Liverpool FC). I went to represent the Liverpool GP Society, and it was really interesting to hear about what some of the GPs do, and watch the award presentations. There was also a huge buffet, which was amazing - my tummy is still hurting from being so full! See my photos on Instagram. There were balloons on every day (red and black, naturally), so afterwards my housemate and I decided to discreetly take four lots of them, sneaking past well-established GPs and trying to seem inconspicuous. I don't think it quite worked.

The more experience I have of General Practice, the more I think it's the career path for me. I would get to spend a lot of time with patients and get to know them well, and it is so varied that I think it would be difficult to become bored. I like the fact that you can develop a special interest in an area that you enjoy, and at the moment that area for me would be psychiatry.

Hannah x

Sometimes you just need someone to tell you you're not as terrible as you think you are.
You are not terrible - you're amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment