Sunday, 23 November 2014

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

Birmingham Christmas Market

On Friday evening I went to Birmingham to visit the Christmas Market. It has 180 market stalls and claims to be the largest in Britain. It's a German market and the stalls are all in little wooden huts decorated with fairy lights and Christmas decorations, which look so cute. Products range from German frankfurter sausages and pretzels to craft items such as candles and toys. My favourite stalls are the one that sell food (naturally) - I love the hot chocolate, and the garlic bread is well worth a try. I had some cheesy garlic bread and then some marshamallows and brownies smothered in melted white and milk chocolate - delicious!

Afterwards we met my cousins and went to the Pitcher & Piano at Brindley Place for tea (yes, after eating all that food at the market) - I had the tomato hummus and sweetcorn burger with goat's cheese rarebit, which was amazing. The restaurant is lovely with a good view of the canal but the music was really loud so we couldn't really hear each other, but I guess that was to be expected as it was a Friday night.

Today I slept until 6pm (for 18 hours!!) - I was absolutely exhausted and definitely needed it! I got quite upset last night (sorry Kelly) over a few things that have been going on, but feel much better this evening. It's just so frustrating as I sometimes feel as though I'm going backwards, even though I have done so well so far.

Hannah x

Happiness is not one big thing, it's all the little things put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment