Friday, 7 November 2014

Gusto




Ahhhh it’s so frustrating that these photos are such bad quality!!! My DSLR camera has run out of battery so I’ve got to use my rubbish smaller camera until I can pick my charger up from home. Although saying that, my DSLR has kept its charge since about July, which is amazing seeing as I have used it most days since then.

Tonight we went to Gusto, an Italian restaurant situated on the Albert Dock, which is beautiful at night, especially now the Christmas lights are turned on (not that you can see in these photos). I had a goats cheese and pesto pizza, and then an interesting Nutella and mascarpone calzone for pudding, which satisfied my love of Nutella very well. Gusto is slightly pricey (I paid about £19 for this plus a drink), but is such a good quality meal with a good view of the docks and an absolutely lovely interior. We decided to go for a posh meal tonight as later on we are going to join a medic's ball, so thought we'd treat ourselves.

This morning I did a Teddy Bear Hospital session at a primary school, where we taught children aged 9 to 11 how to perform CPR. I enjoyed it so much - the kids were really excited about it and really got stuck in, and I came away feeling like I had achieved something. I'm hoping that all the sessions in the future will go as well as today's!

I would also recommend giving this article a read. It is about various celebrities that suffer with depression or bipolar disorder, and I found it really fascinating how many people have mental health issues. I also found it interesting how, even though these individuals are people you'd expect to have everything they want in life, they can still feel low. I sometimes feel guilty for having depression as I don't have much wrong with my life, and as Miley Cyrus says, "So many people look at [my depression] as me being ungrateful, but that is not it - I can't help it." I also could relate to how Pete Wentz said, "The hardest thing about depression is that it is addictive. It begins to feel uncomfortable not to be depressed. You feel guilty for being happy." I know exactly how it feels - depression almost becomes a comfort blanket because it's the known thing, and it feels slightly strange to have positive feelings - almost frightening. 

Hannah x

Be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment