Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Symptom: Loneliness

Depression loneliness

Depression loneliness



Depression loneliness







H&M Dinosaur Necklaces

 Jumper - New Look (Similar)
Trousers - Bank
Necklaces - H&M
Bag - Primark
Shoes - Urban Angel (Similar)

Loneliness isn't strictly a symptom of depression, but depression itself can make the sufferer feel very lonely. I often find that when I get down I wonder why anyone would ever want to know me, and feel that I don’t have anyone to turn to. It’s awful and I just lie in bed not knowing what to do or who to contact. Depression can affect individuals’ self-esteem and make them think that they are insignificant and not worthy of other peoples’ attention, so it can be difficult to understand why anyone would want to be around them. Sometimes I think that people only spend time with me because I have something they need, and they’ll drop me with no notice and never contact me again. Loneliness really hurts and is sometimes one of the worst features of my depression. And sometimes standing in a crowd full of people can be one of the loneliest things in the world.


I obviously know that this is irrational at other times as I have a wonderful group of supportive and secure family and friends, but it can be difficult to see this sometimes. If you know someone with depression, or even if they're just sad, give them a random text or call – it can make all the difference and make them see that they’re not alone. Any tiny thing can lift someone’s mood incredibly; even just saying you’re looking forward to seeing them or making plans to see them in the future. Go on, make someone’s day that little bit brighter.

Today I was in hospital as usual, and then had my usual Wednesday evening of watching Waterloo Road, The Apprentice and now I'm a Celebrity. I think I live for TV nights sometimes just for a break!

Hannah x

Loneliness and feeling unwanted is the most terrible poverty.
                                   - Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment