Tuesday, 18 November 2014

The best non-chocolate advent calendars for 2014

There are so many non-chocolate advent calendars out there for this year, so I thought I would post my pick of the best on here.



Topshop have come up trumps with this advent calendar, that contains 24 of their mini nail varnishes. Who wouldn't like to be able to use a new nail varnish every day leading up to Christmas?



I think this is my favourite advent calendar of them all. It contains 23 tealights and one Christmas Eve votive on the 24th day. The scents contained are Candy Cane Lane, Christmas Garland, Snowflake Cookie, Sugared Apple, Christmas Cookie, Christmas Memories and Spiced Orange. I love the idea that you can burn a new candle each day, and have a fragrance for each day of December.




This is very similar to the Topshop calendar - it contains 15 mini nail varnishes, 8 mini nail art effects and one full-size nail varnish paint pot. Ciate nail varnishes generally have a lovely consistency and stay put for a good amount of time, and £49 is a bargain for this many colours really.



I think this advent calendar is so lovely. It contains 24 of The Body Shop's best-selling and iconic products, along with a few items from the new Glazed Apple range (which smells delicious). Items range from nail varnishes to body butters, and with each purchase The Body Shop donate some money to the charity War Child. As if you need any more reasons to buy it.



This advent calendar is packed with 24 gorgeous miniature samples of Benefit goodies, along with a few accessories. It has some of their best-selling products such as The POREfessional primer and High Beam highlighter, all packaged in a really cute box.

I think I would get the Ciate Mini Manor (get it for £35 here) or Yankee Candle advent calendar if I could (pleeeease can you bring me one early, Santa?!). Sorry chocolate, as much as I love you I would definitely love to have one of these advent calendars more - they're also better for my waistline.

Hannah x

PS for the child in you, check out this amazing Playmobil advent calendar!!!



The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment