Friday, 28 November 2014

You're never fully dressed without a smile


So as you can probably tell, today I went to see Annie at the Liverpool Empire Theatre. It was so good - the girl that played Annie was amazing (I wish I could sing like her), and the set was lovely. They added in a few new songs but still had the old classics like Tomorrow and It's A Hard Knock Life. I haven't watched the film for ages and didn't remember that it was quite Christmassy, so that was a lovely surprise too.

I have been feeling very festive these past few days. On the way to and from hospital today I sung some amazing renditions of Last Christmas and I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - everyone in the car loved it (and thank you Pete, my amazing backing singer who sung the harmonies). I also went to my second sign language lesson tonight, and now know how to count to 100, sign the year, and say "what", "why", "how", "who" and "where". I'm off home tomorrow as it's my sister's birthday this weekend, and am looking forward to some home comforts and a couple of days where I don't have to cook for myself!

Hannah x

Happiness is not in our circumstance but in ourselves. It is not something we see, like a rainbow, or feel, like the heat of a fire. Happiness is something we are.
                                     - John B. Sheerin

No comments:

Post a Comment