Wednesday, 7 January 2015

6 months of blogging

6 months blogging

6 months ago, I was sat in my bedroom at home contemplating writing my first post, which went into a bit of detail about my depression and why I was setting this blog up. 6 months ago I was also in the worst state I've ever been with my mental health, and looking back at my posts I can't believe how much progress I have made. And here I am, still going strong 187 posts later. I'm so proud of myself for keeping up with blogging every day - it really is the one thing that I think has made a massive difference to my depression. I have something to focus on every day and a reason to do something I enjoy so that I can write about it. Those days where I don't feel like getting out of bed I think about my blog and it helps motivate me to just do something, no matter how small it may be.

I know I've done quite a few reflective posts recently, what with it being 2015 and everything, so I won't gush too much - but I do feel like I've achieved an awful amount in half a year. My writing has evolved and looking back at my older posts I can always tell when I'm having a good or a bad day - most of my days are good now, which is amazing. I also actually feel like I've helped a few people, which was another of my aims for this blog, what with some of my posts on depression and challenging the stigma around it. I've also tried out new things, such as meditating and different social activities. And I couldn't have carried on without all of the support and encouragement I've had from my family and friends, and of course all of my readers - thank you all so much for your kind comments and emails, along with your support on Twitter and in real life. All of these have helped me get better too; so in a way if you're reading this you've helped to improve my mental health! It just goes to show how much you can achieve with a little bit of imagination and a big amount of courage and dedication.

So tonight I'm going to watch more Orange Is the New Black whilst eating chocolate and biscuits (because when can you eat chocolate and biscuits if not the day your blog turns 6 months?!)... Here's to another 6; I can't wait to be doing my post on 365 days of blogging!
Don't let today's troubles bring you down. Don't let life's little obstacles keep you from trying. Don't let your fears keep you from dreaming. Don't give up for any reason. Believe in yourself.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, I'm quite a new follow of your blog but I really like it and can't wait to look back and read your older posts. I just wanted to say congratulations on 6 months blogging and well done :-) Hugs Dani
    http://crystalsparklydreams.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani, thank you for your lovely comment - I hope you continue to read my blog! Your blog looks great too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I think you'll be a great doctor, too.

    ReplyDelete