Thursday, 1 January 2015

An emotional NYE



I had a wonderful night last night with my lovely extended family, playing games and generally catching up. After midnight my mum and I got quite emotional as 2014 was finally over and I feel like it's a new start. As I said the other day, I don't want to think of 2014 as a 'bad year', but there were a few things that happened that I want to leave in the past, and I feel like the new year is a suitable and obvious time to do this. In 2015 I want to have a fresh start and really work on overcoming my depression, as well as really enjoying myself and having lots of fun with amazing supportive people. I want to explore new places and learn new things, as well as tick every item off my bucket list. I know which people are the most important in my life now, and which make me feel good, and I want 2015 to be spent with them to create good memories.

Today my family and I went to our local village hall and ate lots of food (including lasagne) and played more games, such as 'ring on a string' and Just Dance on the Wii, which was hilarious to watch.

I just wanted to finish this post off with a few of my hopes for 2015:
- For my blog to continue to grow and help myself and other people - and to reach 365 days of continuous blogging!
- To get into fourth year of Medicine
- Happiness (and to overcome my depression completely)
- Good health for everyone I know
- Amazing new memories
Hopefully all of these will come true! I hope you all had a lovely New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, and continue to have an amazing 2015.
The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege.
                   - Charles Kuralt



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to 2015; depression sucks but I'm really looking foreward to reading your blog next year and knowing there are other people out there that are going through similar things can really help. your blog is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Millie for your lovely comment! xx

      Delete