Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Liebster Award



I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Leanne from Cat Print Paws - thank you so much! The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognise, discover and support new bloggers - quite similar to the One Lovely Blog Award that I posted about last week.

Rules for the Liebster Award are:
1) Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3) Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and link them.
4) Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5) Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.

Leanne has created a list of questions for me to answer, so here goes:
1) Why do you want to blog?
I started blogging because of my depression, as a way to try and change the stigma around mental health and to help myself. I set myself a task of doing something I enjoy every day and writing about it, and so far it seems to be working. You can see more about why I set my blog up in this post. Since starting blogging I have found that I really enjoy it, and it gives me a while each day to escape and really reflect on my day.
2) Who's your inspiration, fashion or otherwise?
To be honest I don't really have one inspiration for anything - I get my ideas from street style, other blogs and social media. I think Olivia Palermo and Alexa Chung have great style, but I would never completely copy an outfit as I like to make things my own.
3) How long have you blogged for?
Just over 6 months! I celebrated my blog's 6 month birthday earlier in January here.
4) What's your all time favourite movie or TV show and why?
TV show, I would have to say Gossip Girl. It's a series that I only fully discovered last year and really enjoyed it. And I would have to say that the Harry Potter movies are my favourite films; I can literally watch them over and over again - I always have a movie marathon with them near Christmas time! They remind me of my childhood and it's always good to revisit that period.
5) What's your top beauty tip?
A kabuki brush and some bronzer not too much darker than your normal skin colour helps to brighten up your complexion on a wintery day.
6) What's your fail safe place to shop?
Is it really bad if I say Primark?! (I am a student!) I think they have improved so much over the recent years and I can always guarantee that I'll end up buying something if I dare to enter - they're really good for cheap basics too. If I'm looking for something a bit different Topshop is definitely my favourite; I would be happy if I could never shop anywhere else but Topshop again.
7) Who's your favourite blog to read?
I'm really loving Hannah Gale's blog at the moment. I can really relate to her as she has suffered with her mental health in the past, plus she really says it like it is and makes you feel generally better about life. She's also the queen of lists that never fail to make me giggle (read this one on things that were only a good idea in year 7 - it's hilarious).
8) What's your favourite song of the moment?
Anything by George Ezra - I'm literally slightly obsessed and think he has music for any type of mood. Budapest is still my favourite - and I can still listen to Pompeii by Bastille over and over again. I'm also loving Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars at the moment (I mean, who isn't?!).
9) What do you aspire to do in the future?
I'm a medical student at the moment so (fingers crossed!) I will be a doctor in a few years. At the moment I really like GP, but I've always found psychiatry really interesting - it's the reason I started to consider Medicine. I also want to see more of the world and tick off every item from my bucket list. I guess watch this space!

My questions for the nominated bloggers are:
1) Why did you set up your blog?
2) What is your favourite food?
3) What three items would you take with you to a desert island?
4) Who was the last person you received a text from, and what did it say?
5) If you could change anything in the world, what would it be?
6) What is the best thing someone in your family has ever taught you?
7) What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
8) Do you know all the words to any songs/movies/TV shows?
9) What are you most afraid of?
10) What would your friends say is the most annoying thing about you?
11) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I would like to nominate:
- Oh, Chic
- Nora Nora
- The Curious Kate
- Courage Is Not An Option
- A Little Freckle
Mary Glow Fashion
- Life By Esmee
- The Silver Muse
- Julia Hasch
- Bobs & Rouge
- Think Outside of the Cardboard Box

I look forward to reading all of your answers!

Today wasn't great for me again - I spent a lot of it in bed as I just couldn't get myself up. But this evening my friend Neala came over and we had a good long chat, which helped to cheer me up. It's lovely having great friends around that make me feel so much better about myself.
Sometimes what you're looking for comes when you're not looking at all.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination. I love your blog. Will get it all done in the next few days! xx

    ReplyDelete