Thursday, 15 January 2015

Liverpool's Affordable Vintage Fair Preview


Liverpool's Affordable Vintage Fair
Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, Mount Pleasant, L3 5TQ
Saturday 7th February 11am-4pm

I am very excited to be writing this: Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair will be coming to Liverpool on 7th February! The fair was founded by Judy Berger in 2005 in London, and has been going from strength to strength for the 10 years since then. Featured in Elle, Stylist and Grazia, the fair tours over 30 cities and 6 festivals each year, bringing vintage fashion, homeware such as vinyls, and furniture around the UK. The fair will feature retro men and women's clothing and homeware pieces with affordable price tags, which you can guarantee will be unique and something you won't be able to get on the highstreet. This year it will be in the crypt of Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral from 11am; the first 10 customers get free entry, and the rest will only pay £2 - under 12's are free. There will also be a vintage tea party for anyone that gets a bit peckish after all of that shopping. You can view the Facebook event here. If you're not in Liverpool you can have a look on their website to see if there is a fair coming to a city closer to you (chances are there will be!). There will also be a Vintage Kilo Sale in Liverpool on 14th March, where you can buy a kilo of clothes for £15 (which is about 4-5 items!) - the price is determined by the weight. I am very much looking forward to going along, and I hope to see some of my readers there! Come and say hello if you see me :)

Today has been a normal day spent in hospital and then napping this afternoon. I went to my sign language course this evening - I'm actually really enjoying it and feel like I'm learning a lot. Although I can see that it would take a long time for someone to become fluent! I'm really looking forward to going home tomorrow; a couple of my housemates are coming with me for the weekend so that should be really fun. Roll on Saturday morning for a lie-in!
When we make a change, it's so easy to interpret our unsettledness as unhappiness, and our unhappiness as a result of having made the wrong decision. Our mental and emotional states fluctuate madly when we make big changes in our lives, and some days we could tightrope across Manhattan, and other days we are too weary to clean our teeth. This is normal. This is natural. This is change.
                                   - Jeanette Winterson



2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I love your blog so I nominated your for a Liebster Award!

    See my page for details on my answers and your questions :)

    http://catprintpaws.com/2015/01/16/liebster-award-discover-new-blogs/

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete