Wednesday, 14 January 2015

One Lovely Blog Award

One Lovely Blog Award

I was lucky enough to be nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by 'Tails Are Wagging' by the lovely Sadie, a blog about everyone's best friend with a tail, for 'keeping it real and helping others by sharing her story' - thank you so much! This award is given by fellow bloggers that consider your blog to be 'lovely', and is for new and up-and-coming blogs.

Guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
1) Thank, and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
2) Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post or blog.
3) Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.

I have already done a post on 10 random facts about me, and if you take a look around my blog you will find that it is mainly focused on depression and how to help yourself with it, so these are a few more things that you may or may not know about myself!

7 facts about me:
1) When I was living in halls in my second year at university, I once walked into someone else's flat and right into their kitchen, saw a random guy cooking at an oven and ran out giggling to myself. I had gone to the wrong floor - it will teach them not to leave their door unlocked though!
2) I think my toenails look like zombies' if I don't wear any nail polish on them.
3) I know all of the words to Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65. And You'll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins. Plus most of the Christmas carols. Because I'm that cool.
4) My favourite flavour is banana. Banana milkshake, banana cake, banana ice-cream, banana yoghurt...
5) I would love to own three Newfoundlands when I'm older. And maybe a St Bernard. And a Great Dane. Oh, and Labradors will always have a special place in my heart (you can tell I'm a dog person).
6) I've hardly watched any classic movies. I only watched Lord of the Rings and Star Wars last year - I really need to have a week where I just sit down and have a movie marathon.
7) I always have cold feet, and wearing socks just seems to make them colder.

The 'lovely' blogs I would like to nominate are:
Emma at 'A Little Freckle' - A fellow Liverpool student, it is always a joy to read about her lifestyle and beauty recommendations.
- Rachel at 'Brains Brows & Beauty' - A friend with some lovely beauty reviews.
- Carrie at 'Letters of Fashion' - A great blog with beauty, fashion and lifestyle recommendations.
- Sarah at 'Seriously Shallow' - A beauty and lifestyle blog with a lovely layout.
- Sarah at 'Sarah Style' - A blogger with a unique sense of style and some useful beauty reviews.
- Kate at 'The Curious Kate' - A fellow medical student blogging about her life in Liverpool.
- Lucie at 'The Glow Within' - Lucie's photos are incredible - some of the best photography I have seen for a while! A blog for a more positive you.
- Dei at 'Sunnydei' - A lovely lifestyle blog with posts such as '10 Ways to Stay Happy This Winter'.
- Amy at 'Relief From Anxiety' - Amy boldly opens up about her anxiety in a honest and understandable way.
- Ella at 'Dearest Someone' - Another blog about mental health - well worth a read.
- Julia at 'Julia Hasch'  - A beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger with lovely photos.
- Betty at 'Betty's Fashion Lounge' - A slick layout with great outfit photos for a beauty and fashion blogger.
- Snigdha at 'Indianbeautie' - Lovely photos on this travel and fashion blog.
- Lynne at 'Bobs & Rouge' - A fashion/beauty/lifestyle blogger from Cape Town.
- Michelle at 'The Happiness Blogger' - A ray of sunshine to brighten up your day!

I hope all my nominees enjoy their One Lovely Blog Award!

Today I have just been at hospital and then watched Mrs Doubtfire with my housemate and looked up holidays for the summer. Is it just me or does looking at holidays make you instantly happier?! I wasn't feeling that great today; I felt a little lonely for some reason. But this evening has really cheered me up. Plus we shared some leftover Christmas cake, and that's always a reason to feel better.
There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating! <3

    www.juliahasch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me!! I will get the most up this evening :) xx

    www.sunnydei.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for nominating me Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! xxx
    bettyfashionlounge.com

    ReplyDelete