Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Proud


Today I have felt really proud of myself, which is a really lovely feeling. I was told that I was voted to be December's best blogger for 'My Liverpool Story', the blog that I do part-time for my university. I think this was probably due to the post I did on changing the stigma around mental illnesses, which was very similar to the one I wrote for this blog. I feel like it was a really important message to get across and was viewed by so many people which was absolutely amazing. I just hope I changed at least one person's beliefs about mental health. I've begun to realise how much of a difference I can make with my little blog, rambling on about my lifestyle and what I enjoy doing. My mental health posts are always the most viewed and I can see why - it's such an important issue to discuss. I have so many ideas for posts about mental illness; you can expect to see a lot more of them in 2015!

Apart from this incredible news, my day has been pretty ordinary. I went to hospital for my placement, looked like an idiot by falling asleep in the library, and then came home and slept a bit longer. I'm still so exhausted all the time, which is really frustrating, especially when I feel like I should be doing work. No matter how long I sleep I still wake up feeling really tired, and I can always feel my eyes drooping after a while during lectures or when I'm attempting to study. Let's hope that just continues to improve along with my mental health. This evening I watched more of Orange is the New Black with my house mate (no, we still haven't finished it!!) whilst catching up with each other and our Christmas holidays, before settling down in bed with Glamour magazine. Sometimes you just need to read something that has nothing to do with your life - and I have to admit, they do write some good articles on mental health.

I'm also continuing to feel really positive about 2015. I have a few things lined up, including a possible sky dive (!) and a couple of places that I want to travel to - but I will let you know more about these when they're set in stone. Let's just say that this is an exciting time for me, and I'm looking forward to what the future holds! I want to reach 100 with loads of incredible stories to tell, and a whole lifetime well lived.
Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.



3 comments: