Wednesday, 28 January 2015

#Take5ToBlog

Take 5 To Blog Time to Change

It's unusual for me to do two posts in one day, but as I mentioned earlier it is Time to Talk Day on 5th February and I really want to help to stigma around mental health. As part of the campaign, Time to Change want bloggers to share why they are taking part in the movement. Here are mine...

1) My name is Hannah and I have been diagnosed with depression.
2) My mental health condition has affected my life by making it so difficult to get out of bed in the mornings, and hard to find the strength to carry on each day. Depression has affected my relationships in the way that I have found out who is there to support me with my mental health, and who really matters in my life.
3) My greatest source of support has been my family, who have been there for me through everything and have stood by my side during all of my decisions. My friends have also been a huge support, and the girls I am living with this year have been so good for me.
4) My hope for the future is that everyone can openly talk about mental health and that the stigma around it will be non-existent. I hope to be able to call in sick on my bad days, and tell them it is due to my depression rather than feeling that I have to say it is a physical illness.
5) I'm taking 5 on Time to Talk day because I am passionate about changing mental health stigma, and it makes me feel privileged to be able to be part of a massive campaign that will make a big difference, and may help lots of people in the future.

You can write your own 5 sentences about why you are taking part in Time to Talk Day using their prompt above, and can post it on the Time to Talk Facebook page. Let's change the stigma around mental health together!
Rule your mind or it will rule you.
             - Buddha



No comments:

Post a Comment