Monday, 13 April 2015

18 thoughts people have during a game of Monopoly

Thoughts people have during Monopoly

1) This will be fun, we haven't played this in ages.
2) But I'm always the dog!!! You can be the old boot!
3) Tactics: Buy all the properties possible, build hotels on Mayfair and Park Lane and charge everyone 2000M to stay there, therefore making them bankrupt, muahahahahahaha. I am so sneaky.
4) WHY CAN'T I LAND ON ANY PROPERTIES?!
5) 6M? Easy money, I don't know why they even bother.
6) Yessss I've got two train stations, 50M a time please!
7) What is this income tax taking all of my 'Pass Go' money away?!
8) Nooo that's my last 500M note gone :(
9) Where are all of these Get Out Of Jail Free Cards when you need them?
10) Do you think they'd fall for swapping their Bond Street for 100M and my Get Out Of Jail Free Card that I now don't need?
11) WILL YOU JUST HURRY UP AND SWAP WITH EACH OTHER, THIS IS GETTING PAINFUL!
12) Hang on, how did they suddenly get so many properties?!
13) That side of the board is looking dangerous...
14) I wish I was in jail.
15) I think I'll mortgage my utilities, they don't get me anything anyway.
16) 6M??! Please can you just charge me 5 instead?! I'll owe you!
17) Well it was obvious who was going to win about an hour ago, wasn't it?
18) WHY DID I EVER THINK THIS WAS GOING TO BE FUN?! WORST. GAME. EVER.


My family and I quite often play board games so that's what inspired this post, I think they're all very true! Today has been a frustrating one for me, I slept until this afternoon and then spent hours trying to motivate myself to get up and do something productive. I had a really good day yesterday and now I just feel like I'm back to square one. Okay not quite square one, but maybe square two. It's like I take one step forward and two steps back. I couldn't even get myself to drive to the doctor's and pick up a prescription.

Oh God I'm turning into one of those moany people. It's ironic but I really do wish I could just pull myself together - I'm usually such a motivated person but these past few days I've lost it all. Let's hope a good sleep will make me feel better for tomorrow! I am hopeful for the future as I do know I can get better, but my mental health makes me so frustrated sometimes.
Don't look back; you're not going that way.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

8 comments:

  1. Haha my mum would add 'is it over yet?' to that list ;)

    And you aren't sounding like a moany person at all! This is your blog, you can write what you like! If people don't like it, they don't have to read, right?

    I hope you manage to feel better soon though, you don't deserve to be ill! xxx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I know exactly what she means! Thanks Sam, that's really reassuring :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious! I'm so competitive when it comes to monopoly! I flipped the whole board once haha!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear that does sound rather competitive! I always just give up because I find you know exactly who is going to win so early on haha xx

      Delete
  3. Haha, this I so funny! I have never been on this blog before but glad that I have now, this post is too funny!!x

    Jess x
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love monopoly - but we've had a fair few fallings out due to it too! We still play on quite an old board, so the money amounts are different but the thoughts are pretty similar. So much of it relies on relationships outside of the game - if me and my sister are getting on well, we'll gang up on my brother, but sometimes its them against me!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised - board games are dangerous when it comes to family fall outs! Yeah we all gang up against each other too, especially against my dad but he's used to it :) xx

      Delete