Thursday, 23 April 2015

5 things I've loved this week: 23rd April


1) The weather
Okay, so who hasn't been enjoying this weather?! It's funny how the sunshine can make you feel so good - my mood has been a lot better since I got a few UV rays on my pasty legs. It makes me hopeful for summer days and BBQs soon.


2) My summer perfumes

Since the weather has been so good, I've cracked out my summery perfumes that were gathering dust at the back of my wardrobe. Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden has been my go-to - it's so reasonably priced for a huge bottle and is like nothing I've smelt before. It really does remind me of sunflowers but is supposed to have flavourings of peach, melon and jasmine. It also reminds me of my Nan as she first gave it to me (she won it as a raffle prize and I was convinced it was a perfume for older people for ages) - this is my second bottle and I can imagine myself re-purchasing it for the rest of my life.

I've also been reaching for Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder, which I think is my favourite ever perfume. It's literally summer in a bottle, with coconut, mandarin, bergamot and amber. It really reminds me of summer holidays and makes me happy whenever I wear it.


3) Ice pops
Literally the best thing to come back to after a long day at uni. We bought these from Home Bargains the other day and they have been very much appreciated - I hadn't had one for ages but think I'm addicted now.


4) Springy summery clothing
Oh, how I love how bright the clothes are this time of year. I wore this outfit today (minus the basket) and felt so summery - you can see my original post on it with all the details here, or a snap on my Instagram here, together with my green springy nails. I think this is probably one of my favourite outfits I've ever put together.



5) Discovering old songs
The past few days I've really got back into my iPod and have been listening to loads of old songs. I particularly can't get enough of Coldplay as I think their songs are so powerful and uplifting, but I have also been singing songs by Five with my housemate all day. Oh, I'm so cool. But seriously, music really does have the power to change your mood, and I've found it so relaxing sitting on my bed by the window and listening to old songs (much like yesterday's post).

I really enjoy writing posts like this and reflecting back on my week - it makes me realise how lucky I am and how the little things make things so much better. I hope you enjoy reading these as much as I do! Today has been another good one for me - I've been in uni but have enjoyed the sunshine at the same time. I'm going home tomorrow which I'm really looking forward to!!
If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
                     - Gautama Buddha




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes to the weather and spring clothes! I have been loving the sun, I just think it's an automatic mood booster and being able to read in the garden is my idea of bliss. As is a pair of shorts ;) xxx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's amazing what sunny weather can do to your mood :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post Hannah!
    I LOVE your outfit
    Saw your kind post it note in the HC Library toilets, made my day :)

    Kate | The Medic Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! Awww I'm glad you found it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I used to enjoy writing similar posts on 43things.com when it existed. It's really amazing how much energy the small things can give us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely, it really is the little things that help the most xx

      Delete