Friday, 3 April 2015

5 things I've loved this week


1) Daffodils
Daffodils are such happy flowers - they represent the start of spring and the colour always manages to brighten up a space. This week I've really been enjoying having them in the house and seeing them in peoples' gardens. We have one daffodil outside the front of our house in Liverpool and it makes me happy every time I see it.


2) Chocolate egg bowl
Every Easter my mum buys loads of different types of chocolate eggs and we put them in a bowl so we can just pick at them whenever we feel like it. I think I've eaten about 15 Creme Eggs just this week. Oh, I love Easter.

3) Being at home
I always love coming home and spending an extended period of time here - check out my post on 10 reasons I love being at home. I have especially enjoyed being looked after and having food cooked for me (not to mention just having food in the fridge!), but most of all it's just been lovely to be close to my family and friends. I've also been enjoying the weather at night; I love sticking my head out the window when it's windy, I find it really relaxing. Is that weird? I've also been updating my iPod as all of my songs are saved on our computer at home so I can't put new ones on at uni. I love being able to go on walks and listen to new songs, although I still love all the oldies too (see my favourite music here). 


4) My study spot
I have rediscovered the room that we call our play room at home, where we used to store all of our toys. Fairly recently we installed a sofa in there and it's hardly ever used, but I've been using it as my study spot for the past few days. It's very comfortable - I even have a furry blanket to keep myself warm.


I got this nail polish from my Ciate advent calendar before Christmas, and have recently been loving it. It's the perfect soft pale pink, which is lovely for spring and the Easter period.
If today you are a little better than you were yesterday, then that's enough.
                                - David A. Bednar




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. The chocolate bowl looks so good - although I would have no self restraint! And I also love opening the window and looking out in the middle of the night. I occasionally have nights where I can't sleep but looking out the window for planes make me feel better because at least one person up there must be awake too!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella I Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been picking at it ever since! Aww that is a lovely thought :) I always like looking at the moon and think that at least one other person must be looking at it at the same time too :) xx

      Delete