Monday, 6 April 2015

Barmouth Day 1


Pink Rain Mac - Primark
Stripe Jumper - Primark
Shirt - New Look
Jeans - Asos
Trainers - Primark (Similar)


As some of you who read my blog may know I went to Barmouth in Wales over the weekend with my family. We stayed in a friend's flat which is right across from the beach and I have had such a good and relaxing weekend. I thought I'd split it up on my blogs over the three days we were there as I took so many photos, so here is Thursday evening and Friday's post!


As stereotypical as it sounds we knew we entered Wales as soon as all of the sheep started appearing - there were so many lambs! And also the fact that my mobile signal suddenly started getting really bad... Hence why I couldn't write these posts while I was there.

We travelled to Barmouth on Thursday and went for a walk along the beach and over the sand dunes, which was lovely. The weather wasn't great but was soon to get much hotter and brighter over the weekend (stay tuned for tomorrow's post!). I also got my wish and had fish and chips for tea, which has to be one of my favourite meals ever - plus they were amazing from The Mermaid which helped.



On Friday we went for a walk along the beach once more with the dogs, and then had a wander around Barmouth. Barmouth is a lovely seaside town in mid Wales and has lots of little shops and cafes in the centre, including a Co-operative for food shopping which is handy. It also has it's own train station and I would definitely recommend the train journey there - the views are beautiful, especially when you cross over the bridge to Barmouth. 

We stopped at a cafe called Ebeneezer's, which is a quirky little place inside a coverted chapel. As well as serving food and drinks they sell lots of crafty things, and bits and pieces from places like Africa. It was really interesting to look round and my banana milkshake was delicious.


We also came across a furniture store and I had to get a photo with this giant teddy... And I liked the fish hotel bowl. I also have a thing about blankets - I think when I'm older I'll have about 5 blankets in each room so that I can just snuggle up whenever I want to. Old before my time, eh?


There's also an amazing sweet shop in Barmouth that sells pick and mix in huge tubs like these below, so naturally I had to pick up a whole bag full.


We also ended up at the penny arcade (or 2p arcade, actually) where we spent an hour with £3 worth of 2ps trying to win some Smartie eggs that were obviously never going to come out of the machines. 


So to round it up I had a really good weekend spent with my lovely family and had a really relaxed few days (apart from when my sister broke the toilet by switching it off... how do you even manage that?!). I'm back in Liverpool now, refreshed for the next few weeks at uni, although I feel like I've hardly been away. Bring on the summer holidays for more sunny weather and beaches!
Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such a lovely holiday! Your photos are fabulous and the dogs are so cute. Funnily enough I remember going on holiday to Wales and losing phone signal and gaining endless views of sheep! I loved it though - an excuse to completely switch off and just enjoy what you're doing. Looking forward to seeing the rest :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! Wales is such a lovely place, you really can't beat it when you get good weather there :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ive nominated you for The Liebster Blog Award, you've became such an inspiration for a lot of people & I think you deserve it :)http://brainsbrowsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html to check out the award tag. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rachel, that's so lovely!! :) xx

      Delete