Saturday, 18 April 2015

Chester Zoo and Manzo


Today was my housemate Sarah's 21st birthday so we decided to venture to Chester Zoo for the afternoon. It was such lovely weather without a cloud in the sky - perfect to walk around and see all of the different animals.


I really like Chester Zoo because it is really good for conservation - the animals all have large enclosures and are encouraged to breed (there were a few babies there when we went today). They also constantly change it up slightly so that there is something new to see every time.


We each paid around £18 for student admission which I didn't think was too bad for the variety of animals that we saw, and probably spent about 4 hours in total there.


This is Kelly loving life whilst checking out the painted dogs' faecal checks... So mature.


There were three new tiny tiger cubs that were so cute!!


Kelly thought this was a moose; it turned out to be an antelope.


We had a really lovely afternoon and the weather was absolutely perfect all day. Thank you Ellie for letting me use some of your photos for my blog!

This evening around 15 of us went to Manzo in Liverpool One for a meal to finish off Sarah's birthday. Manzo is an Italian style grill restaurant that is on the pricier side, but perfect for a special birthday.


I had the 'Honest Vegetarian' burger for my main, which was made up of aubergine, mushrooms, tomato and spinach - served with a small salad and a few sweet potato wedges. The burger cost £12.95 and was nice, but I don't think I would normally have paid that much for it (of if I had I would have expected a few more sweet potato wedges!).


I shared the Nutella calzone for pudding which was stuffed with Nutella, banana and cream - it was amazing but I still don't think I would normally have paid the hefty £6.75 for it.


Manzo, 4 Kenyon Steps, Chavasse Park, Liverpool, L1 3DF

I really enjoyed the restaurant and think it is great for a special occasion and in a really lovely location, but slightly over-priced for what the food actually is. Afterwards we came back home, popped open a bottle of Prosecco left over from our Midcourse Ball, and relaxed in front of Britain's Got Talent. I hope Sarah had a wonderful 21st birthday and enjoyed her day!
Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
               - J.K. Rowling




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely day. Chester Zoo is great for a day out, love the pictures with the cubs, they are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anca - I love it and the cubs were so cute xx

      Delete
  2. Oh this looks like such a perfect day! Sunshine, great friends and good food.. what more does a Birthday need? ;) xx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so nice and we were so lucky with the weather! Exactly :) xxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds like such a good day! I really fancy a trip to the zoo - must fit one in before I leave Bristol! And the food sounds excellent :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should, I've heard that Bristol Zoo is quite good :) I would definitely recommend Chester if you get the chance too! xx

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this post as you know I'm an animal lover! You got some great shots and the weather really has been ideal lately for trips like this. I hope your friend enjoyed her birthday :)

    Emma xx

    www.alittlefreckle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I love animals too so this was the perfect day out, and we were so lucky with the weather :) xx

      Delete