Wednesday, 22 April 2015

It's the little things


This has basically been my situation for the day. Today has been so gorgeous with the sun shining so I have really appreciated my little bed by the window, where I have sat and listened to summery tunes whilst doing a bit of work (but mostly getting distracted by my sister sending me fat animal photos on Twitter). It's amazing what a difference the weather can make to your mood - I always feel so much better on days like this, even if I'm not actually outside. I almost felt happy (what is this emotion?!). It really is the little things that matter - flowers, a cool breeze, the sun shining through your window whilst you're having an afternoon nap, all of my 50 reasons to live.

This week is Mental Health Awareness Week which is great as it's trying to raise more awareness about what it's like to suffer with a mental illness. I really do feel like the stigma is starting to change - I guess that's another reason that I open up so much on my blog. This post is a rather rambly boring one (well done if you've got this far), but today has been a good day for me and that's something to celebrate. I am going home over the weekend so will be doing more interesting things then and have more to talk about, so bear with me!
The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live only as you can.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. It's so great to read that you've had a good day! I hope it continues for you xxx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete