Friday, 17 April 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award



I was recently nominated by the lovely Emma from Emma Hope-Newitt for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you so much! It's such a nice way to celebrate other bloggers and get to know them a little better.

The rules:
- Link and thank the blogger that has nominated you
- Answer the 10 questions created for you
- Create 10 questions for your nominees
- Nominate 10 sister bloggers to receive the award

Here are my questions:
1) Name one thing you'd like to achieve this year?
Only one?! I think the most important thing for me at the moment is to get my mental health back on track and to feel happy and contented again. I want to get to July and have written 365 blog posts, when I can look back and reflect on how far I have come and how much stronger I am now. I also hope to help other people during this time period - even if I make one person feel better about their depression that would be incredible. Oh, and I also want to get into my 4th year of my degree and continue to enjoy my time at university.

2) Why did you begin blogging?
I started my blog during a really low period with my depression, when I decided that I really just wanted to get better. I set myself a goal of doing something I enjoy every day so that I could write about it, but my blog has expanded a little so that I talk more deeply about my depression and things that come along with it. I also just really wanted to help other people suffering with their mental health, and I have consequently realised that I love writing, which is amazing!

3) What's currently your favourite Netflix programme and why?
Definitely Pretty Little Liars - I know so many people watch it but there's definitely a reason behind that. I love that there are so many twists and turns in the plot - you think you've got the answer but then they throw another curve ball in, and that gets really exciting (so much so that I binge watch about 9 episodes in a row).

4) Name three places in the world you could travel to if you could?
Australia, the Caribbean and Canada. They all look beautiful with really interesting cultures that I'd like to learn more about.

5) What's your current favourite song?
Hmm I'm still loving Uptown Funk  - it makes me want to dance every time I hear it. But I also can't stop listening to George Ezra.

6) What is your favourite Disney film?
The Lion King. Who doesn't love it? I think I know all of the words to every single song.

7) If you had to choose a favourite Twitter Blogger Chat, which one and why?
I'm quite a newbie to blogger chats and still don't completely understand how you keep up with them - I've taken part in a few and have really enjoyed them, but don't think I really have a favourite yet.

8) Who's your favourite female singer?
Beyonce.

9) Who's your favourite male singer?
George Ezra, but I do love Bastille as well (I know they're a group but they count, right?!)

10) How do you like your cup of tea?
I'm such a fail at being a British person: I don't like tea! I'll drink hot chocolate though - very milky and very chocolatey. With added marshmallows. And maybe some squirty cream for good measure.

Here are the bloggers I would like to nominate for this award... (check them out, they're amazing!)
- Sam from All I Know Now
- Jennifer from Ginevrella
- Tasha from Hello Tasha
- Rachel from Brains Brows & Beauty
- Emma from A Little Freckle
- Liv from Olivia Cheryl
- Rach and Emma from Rach & Emma
- Kate from The Medic Journal
- Kirsty from Just a Little Bit Ginger
- Sophie from Avenue de Sophie

My questions for them are:
1) What do you personally think is the best thing about blogging?
2) What one thing is guaranteed to make you cry?
3) What would you say is your favourite restaurant?
4) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
5) If you could only save three things from your house if it was on fire, what would they be?
6) What is the one fashion trend that you won't be trying this SS15?
7) What is your pet hate?
8) What is your favourite scent?
9) What is the word/phrase that you use way too much?
10) Where do you see your blog in the future?

I can't wait to read your responses, girls!!


I was also nominated for the Liebster Award recently by the lovely Rachel from Brains Brows & Beauty, but had already done a post on it previously (see here), but thought I would answer her questions anyway.

Here goes:
1) What got you into blogging?
I think I answered this above, but I was thinking about setting up a general lifestyle blog for a while before Pull Yourself Together was born, as I love how creative you can be with them and I really do love writing and fashion.

2) What's your favourite item of make-up?
One I can't live without? Foundation. But one I have the most fun with? Probably lipsticks, as they can completely change your look - I love my Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks the most as I have a few different colours, ranging from dark red to the brightest of pinks.

3) What's your best memory?
I have loads, but one of my most vivid memories was when I was told my little sister was going to be born. It was Christmas Day, we had some envelopes on the tree that we had to open at certain times, and I cried when I found out. I also was told that I was going to Disneyland Paris in January too, which definitely helped the memory become such a good one.

4) Name 3 of your top destinations.
I've already answered this above so I'll do the three that I've already visited that were my favourite: Italy, Zanzibar and safari in Tanzania.

5) What's your favourite hairstyle?
Down, naturally dried so that it's curly, maybe with a bit of it clipped back or up in a bobble.

6) Do you prefer to be pale or tanned?
Tanned - I keep looking at photos of me in the summer and wishing I was that colour again!

7) What's your favourite film and why?
I love comedies, but I think one of my favourite films is War Horse. I also loved Paddington recently, and you can't beat Harry Potter.

8) What's your favourite animal?
Dogs are definitely up there - mine is my best friend. But I also love elephants, always have done.

9) What's your favourite thing about blogging and why?
That through my blog I have been able to help people going through similar situations - that's an amazing achievement for me.

10) If you could have 3 dinner party guests, dead, alive or famous, who would you pick?
David Attenborough as he would have some amazing stories and would fascinate me (plus he could perhaps bring some teenie animals along). Beyonce to bring some girl power and make everyone feel good about themselves - and entertain everyone with her singing. And Michael McIntyre because I think he's hilarious.

11) Do you prefer cosy winter or glamorous summer?
I find this such a hard question! I love both seasons for different reasons - winter brings Christmas which is my favourite time of the year, but I love the heat of summer and the light evenings - they make me feel so much better and excited for holidays.

Sorry this post is so long! I just enjoy doing these tags and enjoy reading other peoples' responses. Today has been a fairly positive one - I had a good meeting at uni this morning about my mental health and then have just been fairly relaxed and sleepy all day, before watching 22 Jump Street with my housemates and some pizza.
Imagine if we obsessed about the things we loved about ourselves.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

6 comments:

  1. Aw thank you for nominating me, Hannah! I love your answers :) A lovely read xxx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you for nominating me!! I needed some inspiration for blog posts right now! Will do these :)
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I look forward to hearing your responses! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Loved your answers, I think i would also bring beyonce to my dinner party! also thankyou for nominating me too! cant wait to do my post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she would be so much fun! Can't wait to read your answers :) xx

      Delete