Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Smile against the stigma


Ellesse T-Shirt - Bank (Similar)
Jacket - New Look (Old)
Skirt - Asos
Shoes - New Look (Similar)
Moon Necklace and Beaded Choker - New Look
Pizza Necklace - eBay

Yes, I am wearing a men's t-shirt. I love how this outfit looks, with the contrast of the sporty top with the girly 70's skirt and leopard print coat. You know when you just throw something on and it looks right? Today was one of those days. 

Today has been a fairly relaxed one for me - I have been shopping with my mum (and Primark happened...) and have also drafted up some posts for the next few days, as I am going to Barmouth in Wales with my family to stay in a friend's flat and have been warned that there is no WiFi there. But never fear! I have scheduled my posts so they'll automatically upload. I'm really looking forward to a few days away spent on the beach with my family and dogs. Hopefully it will be really relaxing and I'll be ready to go back to university next week.

I also noticed that lots of people have been sharing selfies of themselves smiling with the hashtag '#SmileAgainstTheStigma' today to raise awareness about mental health. I shared mine on Instagram here. As you all probably know I'm passionate about changing the stigma around mental health, and it's campaigns like these that can really make a difference. There's still time to share your own #SmileAgainstTheStigma selfie, please do if you can and let's challenge the stigma together!
Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already.
                   - Dave Willis




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea about that #, I'll take a picture today and share it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, we need as many people to stop the stigma as possible xx

      Delete
  2. I love that skirt! did you wear that to the NWBloggersmeetup? :) Xx
    OliviaCheryl.com

    ReplyDelete