Thursday, 9 April 2015

We love you, Dylan


I don't really want to write much for this post because one of my best friends had to leave us today. He was getting so old and just got to the point that he wasn't really himself any longer. My one saving grace is that his last few days were spent with us in Barmouth where he frolicked along the beach and tried his best to chase as many other dogs as possible. If Dylan was a person you would literally want him to be your best friend - he was so calm and loyal, but playful when he wanted to be. You can read more about him here; trust me he was amazing and such a beautiful dog.

Things are just going from bad to worse but I'm fairly confident that I will get better. I am so sorry that my posts have been a little boring recently, I really want to write a longer one on how I'm feeling but I'm just so fragile at the moment.

I just want to end this post with: if you haven't given up your sofa seat for a dog, you don't know what love is. That's one of the things I'm going to miss the most. We love you so much, Dylan. Sleep tight and go chase those other dogs as fast as you can xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Life is a roller-coaster, you just gotta ride it.
                                                  - Ronan Keating (courtesy of Roxy)




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

10 comments:

  1. So sad to read this, Hannah, but how wonderful that you were able to spend such a lovely time with Dylan and your family at Barmouth - no-one can take those memories away from you. M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen, you're right - I will always have those memories of him xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this! That's always a tough thing, losing a pet. Your posts haven't been boring -- they've been real. Don't beat yourself up! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that means such a lot xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your loss xx I know how hard it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this. I have two labradors myself (one black, one chocolate like you), and I'll be devastated when the time comes. They really are the best. Lots of love to you and your family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Soph. Labradors are so gentle and loving, they definitely do become part of the family xxx

      Delete
  5. Really sorry to hear this Hannah, I know just how much a dog can mean to you. I'm glad you're able to see the positive in that he got to enjoy his last few days at the beach. I've no doubt it will be difficult for you right now, but remember that's completely normal so take care of yourself. And you have some beautiful photos to look back at. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, he was a really photogenic dog so I have loads of lovely photos of him! xx

      Delete