Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Why is this blog just full of photos of food


One thing that this blog has made me realise is that my life literally revolves around food - it must be the most photographed thing on here. Tonight a couple of friends came over so my housemate and I cooked some tea for them. We had cheesy nachos to start (so easy - put some nacho crisps on a baking tray, cover them in cheese and salsa, and cook in the oven for 5 minutes) and homemade pizza afterwards, which was amazing if I do say so myself. We bought the pizza bases from Asda and just added the toppings, which made it a really quick and easy meal to do. Not gonna lie, I think eating is literally one of my favourite things to do - it definitely makes me happy!

The rest of my day was spent on placement on obstetrics. I saw a couple of ultrasound scans being done on some pregnant ladies, and it actually made me really emotional seeing how happy it made the families! I'm really enjoying this placement so far and am looking forward to what the rest of it brings.
The only way to get better is to surround yourself with people who believe in you.




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying your placement Hannah :)
    I can't wait to start mine next year!!

    The only thing is I think I've been put off obstetrics because of embryology, we have just finished the urogenital block and the depth of embryology was waaay too much.

    Kate xx
    The Medic Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, you'll love it!! Ah embryology, the bane of a first year medical student's life. Don't stress about it too much - you don't need to learn too much depth and we only got one question on it in our first year! xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, there's nothing like nice food! I love making nachos and pizzas.
    Glad your enjoying obstetrics - I like how it can be such a happy specialty, but I don't think it's for me in the long run. It's so much more surgically orientated than I realised (clearlyyyy I never put much thought into this haha!) and I am definitely not cut out to be a surgeon!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Yes I've found that too - I really don't think I'd make a great surgeon. But I'm still enjoying the experience :) xx

      Delete