Friday, 24 April 2015

Zizzi


Zizzi Ristorante, Southwater Leisure Hub, Telford, TF3 4JG

This evening I went to the Italian restaurant Zizzi with Roxy in Telford for dinner and a natter. I'm actually really impressed with the new Southwater complex (although three of the six new restaurants are Italian... good job I love Italian food!) and really liked the inside of Zizzi too. We had the Italian bread bucket to start, which had bread served with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and then I had the Caprina pizza. It was supposed to have goats cheese and vegetables on it, but they had somehow run out of goats cheese so I had to have it with mozzarella instead, which was a little disappointing, although the pizza itself was very nice. I then had the chocolate and banana calzone with toffee sauce for pudding which was a lot smaller than I thought it would be but tasted amazing. It contained cooked bananas and Nutella-type chocolate and was gorgeous. There were a couple of things that let the meal down, and the price was a little steep at around £17, but I did still enjoy it and the food was really good quality.


Afterwards we decided to wander round the 24 hour Asda and Tesco (as you do at 10pm) to look at the homeware and clothes. And naturally Roxy gravitated towards this Olaf cushion and decided she wanted to pretend to be him (it's from Tesco in case you're wondering). I bought some sandals which will be featured on here soon enough and was sooo tempted by some of the candles. I can't wait to have my own house to decorate!

I have come home for the weekend so am looking forward to spending a couple of days with my family and not thinking about medicine. I had a lovely journey on the train back here - isn't it so therapeutic to watch the world go by and people watch? Hope you all have lovely weekends!
You doubt your value. Don't run from who you are.
                  - Aslan




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I've spent many an evening in big supermarkets just for fun...
    This sounds like a really lovely way to spend time with a friend and Zizzi is yummy!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun, aren't they?! Yes I loved Zizzi, I hadn't been before xx

      Delete