Tuesday, 19 May 2015

23 things that should be prescribed for the good of peoples' mental health

Sometimes I wish that doctors could prescribe the simple things in life for mental health and depression, rather than just drugs and therapy. Some of the littlest things can make people so happy; sometimes all it takes is stopping and appreciating them. So here's a list of 23 things that I think should be prescribed for the good of peoples' mental health, which I guess is quite similar to my post on 50 reasons to live


1) Sunshine
2) Holidays (it would be amazing if you only had to pay a prescription charge for these!)
3) Long walks in the countryside whilst listening to feel-good music
4) A long sleep with no reason to get up in the morning
5) Comfort food - bread, potatoes, crisps, ice-cream
6) Getting lost in a good book, hopefully in a cosy reading nook


7) Meals out at your favourite restaurant or takeaways
8) Chocolate
9) Cuddles
10) Hot baths
11) Amazing-smelling candles
12) Chats with mothers


13) Puppies
14) Laughing
15) Shopping and not having to worry about spending too much money
16) Comfy pairs of pyjamas
17) Days in bed watching Netflix
18) Seeing an incredible view
19) Afternoon naps
20) Having your hair stroked
21) Listening to bird song
22) Fresh flowers in your bedroom
23) Waking up to a lovely text
We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
                    - Maya Angelou




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with every single one of these!! Great post lovely xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree with 10 more! I'm writing something about bath therapy atm :). Whilst I'm sure medication works for many, I don't think people should be put on meds straight away as they often become dependant. Such a thoughtful post :).

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, I'd love to read it when I'm done :) Yes definitely, I think medication helps but you need other things too alongside it xx

      Delete