Wednesday, 13 May 2015

5 things I've loved this week: 13th May

Neal & Wolf Guard Heat Protection Spray Blog Review

I got given this in my goody bag when I went to the Shropshire Blogger Meet Up earlier this month, and have been using it ever since. I don't use heat on my hair very often and usually just let it dry naturally, but sometimes have to straighten the front as it gets weird kinks in and generally looks a bit strange. This heat protection by Neal & Wolf leaves my hair really soft after using it and, unlike other heat protection products, doesn't make it sticky at all. I just spritz some onto my hair before using straighteners or a hair dryer. It's made me actually enjoy using heat protection - usually it feels like a bit of a chore. It also has a lovely light scent to it which is always good in my books.

2) Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice-Cream
I don't often buy Ben & Jerry's as it's so expensive, so had never tried this flavour before. I'm sure most of you will know that it is amazing - it had huge chunks of cookie dough in with lovely soft ice-cream. It really didn't last very long.


3) Candles
These two candles in the photos are my favourites at the moment - I have been burning them every evening when I've been at home. The first one is in the shape of an old vintage milk bottle which I think is really cute; I got it in a little shop in Barmouth whilst I was there over Easter. The second one is from Home Bargains and doesn't look like much, but is probably the nicest smelling candle I've ever had. It smells like hyacinth and only cost me about 79p, but makes the whole of our upstairs smell lovely. I really want to get it in a bigger version as they are only about £3 in Home Bargains.


4) Reese's Sticks Minis
These babies were only £1 in Asda so I thought I'd give them a go, as I'm a sucker for anything with chocolate and peanut butter in. And oh my goodness did I make the right choice! These are layered with wafers as well as peanut butter and chocolate, and were incredible. Definitely get them if you're in Asda any time soon.

Primark slider sandals

5) Wearing slider sandals
Bit of a weird one but I love how free my feet feel in my slider sandals! This photo is from this post and my sandals were a bargainous £3 from Primark. I'm enjoying the fact that the weather is permitting wearing sandals at the moment - it's really making me look forward to summer.

The final thing I'm loving is all of the generous donations towards my skydive for Mind!! I have raised around £500 which I hope will make a massive difference to some individuals that suffer with their mental health. My skydive is this Saturday and I'm now getting very excited, and slightly nervous - I think the anxiety will come more when I'm about to step out of a plane at 5,000 feet in the air... But thank you to everyone that has donated so far, it means such a lot to me. My Just Giving page will be open for a few more days, so there is still time to sponsor me if you would like to!
 - Keeping your window open at night and hearing what is going on outside
- Getting all of your work done and feeling proud of yourself
- Barbecues with friends




PS Please donate towards my sponsored skydive for Mind here, or text MIHV99 £1 to 70070 - thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment